We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving time from Sofitel Bev Hills to Universal Studios?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Driving time from Sofitel Bev Hills to Universal Studios?

Hi everyone,

I am just trying to work out where we will stay for 3 or 4 nights in LA. We are 2 families of 4@ and will probably have a minivan to drive. I will be driving from Magic Mountain on Sunday afternoon to LA and looking at staying at Sofitel Beverley Hills so we can sitesee on Monday the local area then go to Universal Studios for Tuesday and we might go back on the Wednesday cause I know the kids would rather do that than sitesee!

So driving time from Sofitel Bev Hills to Universal Studios is???

I am trying to work out if we stay at Sofitel for Sun night and Monday night and drive to Universal Studios area and check into Hilton for Tuesday night and Wednesday night or just stay at Sofitel the whole time and drive to Universal when needed. I want a shop at the Beverley Centre during my stay as well. We have 4 children aged 9 - 14 who are theme park junkies. We will have done Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbour over the weekend then on Thursday we are driving to San Diego for 5 nights to do everything there. Then we are heading back to Anaheim for 4 nights at the Disneyland Hotel for Disney and maybe one day at Knotts Berry before flying back to Oz.

Thanks,

Lozzie64

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
903 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving time from Sofitel Bev Hills to Universal Studios?

google maps shows the drive as 10km, so not far, and 15 minutes not accounting for any traffic congestion.

http://goo.gl/maps/gtG89

Will leave the experts to comment on your hotel choice (I am just a google cut and paste monkey) but I would just stay in the one place for your LA leg.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving time from Sofitel Bev Hills to Universal Studios?

Sofitel is a very nice hotel, and its not all that far from Universal - when traffic is decent you'd be looking at 20-30 minutes at most. You can stay closer to Universal, of course, but relative to other things you'd be less central. Closer areas to Universal would be West Hollywood (many hotels along the same lines as Sofitel, like London, Andaz etc.), Hollywood (Loew's and Roosevelt) and right next to Universal itself (Universal Hilton and Sheraton Universal).

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,408 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving time from Sofitel Bev Hills to Universal Studios?

The Sofitel is in a great area (it's not in Beverly Hills, btw -- even though the hotel is often advertised as being there). It's in the city of Los Angeles -- about a 5-minute drive from Beverly Hills' city center. If you don't feel like driving, there's a bus, the #14 which pulls up adjacent to the hotel and goes to BH. Get off at the corner of Beverly Drive and Wilshire Bl and walk 1 block west to Rodeo Drive.

The area around the hotel is great for families since it's very walkable -- lots of shopping and dining (in addition to the Beverly Cemter) there's the Beverly Connection., across the street from the Beverly Center. which has discount stores and outlets. Beyond the Beverly Center, south of 3rd St, is a Loehmann's -- the first outlet store in the U.S.

There are dozens of restaurants in all prices and of all types within walking distance to the hotel. The Universal Sheraton is a bit isolated; the only shopping and dining nearby is the Citywalk -- Universal's mall.

About a mile east of the hotel is the Farmers Market and the Grove -- more dining and shopping. You can walk to it or take local buses which run frequently.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving time from Sofitel Bev Hills to Universal Studios?

Thanks all,

Yep have flicked the staying in Universal Studios area for going back to the Sofitel idea. The area will work very well for our extended family.

Now I just have to get some good rates.

Lozzie64

5. Re: Driving time from Sofitel Bev Hills to Universal Studios?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 06:19