We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice - First Visit to the Central Coast

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Topic
Need Advice - First Visit to the Central Coast

My husband and I are flying into LAX (Friday noon) and then need to be in Solvang - Saturday/lunchtime for a 3 day road biking tour in the area....so a few questions.1) What to do with arrival day? We could either drive directly to Santa Barbara and stay the night there or...skip the Friday traffic and stay in the greater Los Angeles area. If so, where? Then after the bike trip, my hubby wants to hit the Pisbo beach area for a few nights -- then we can either drive a little north for a few days or head south to Santa Barbara as our base before catching the red eye back to the East coast on Friday nite. Suggestions/advice????

A Day in LA Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours
We Love LA Tour
Private Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Bikes And Hikes LA
Equipment Hire, City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
LA Insider Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Film & TV Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice - First Visit to the Central Coast

After Pismo Beach why don't you take a day to drive up the Big Sur coast to Monterey. It is a spectacular drive and you would have time to do it slowly, since the mileage is not great. There is a lot to see and do in the Monterey/Carmel area as well.

I would go to the Monterey Bay forum and browse through the Top Questions on the right of the screen which will give you more of an idea of the possibilities.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,079 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice - First Visit to the Central Coast

What Puter says.

It's a lovely, slow scenic drive up Highway 1 through Big Sur to the gorgeous Monterey/Carmel area. After a few days enjoying the wonderful sights of Carmel By The Sea, Pacific Grove and Monterey, you can return to LA via the quicker Highway 101.

BTW- I suggest heading up to SB right away to take advantage of that area

Edited: 04 November 2013, 01:44
3. Re: Need Advice - First Visit to the Central Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 05:17