We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Annual Hollywood Christmas parade

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,492 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
Annual Hollywood Christmas parade

I mentioned this within a recent thread, then thought others may wish to know. Each year, on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, there is a Christmas Parade along Hollywood Blvd. This year is the 80th.

It is a fun and festive parade held early enough in the season for Santa Claus to be able to join us, so bring the children!

The parade route includes Hollywood, Vine, and Sunset (route map is in the link).

thehollywoodchristmasparade.org/artist/…

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,935 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Annual Hollywood Christmas parade

Does Gene Autry still sing this song??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK60Cwwp_EI

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Comes_Santa_Claus

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,289 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Annual Hollywood Christmas parade

I first attended the original Santa Claus Lane Parade in 1950 with my parents and sister. It was held on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and filled with lots of celebrities in those years. Gene Autry often rode his horse in the parade.

As I think back, my Mom would cook Thanksgiving dinner for 20 or more relatives the next day, getting up early to bake the pies then stuff the Turkey and have the whole dinner ready by 2 or 3 PM in the afternoon. I could never pull that off. It was probably the only place to see so many movie stars at one time.

At some point they moved the parade to Sunday night which was probably due to a lack of participants on Wednesday.

Thanks for the old memory of the parade days. I always loved the way Autry pronounced "Santy" Claus.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,935 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Annual Hollywood Christmas parade

For a lot of Angeleno families, mine included, we kicked off the Christmas season in Hollywood here and ended it on New Year's Day in Pasadena.

4. Re: Annual Hollywood Christmas parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:16