We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TBIT to Terminal 1

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
TBIT to Terminal 1

Im arriving on board SQ12.

Estimated time of arrival is 11.50am at Tom Bradley International Terminal.

My connecting Southwest Flt to Lake Tahoe/Reno departs at 2.25pm.

How do I travel from TBIT to Terminal 1 ?

Is walking or taking the airport terminal shuttle is faster ?

Which shuttle should I take frm TBIT to Terminal 1 ?

Will I be able to board my connecting flight in time ?

thnks !

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,406 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TBIT to Terminal 1

You should be able to make the connection. You can walk or take the free airport shuttle. Either option would take about the same amount of time. Here's a 'walking map' ("A=Tom Bradley; B=Terminal 1)

http://mapq.st/18eNdBo

Note: the light gray areas are the terminal buildings; the dark gray areas are the tarmac between the terminals. The walk is about 15 minutes.

If you opt to take the free shuttle bus, do the following:

a. Exit the TB terminal and walk straight ahead onto the 'traffic island' directly in front of you.

b. Walk to the right-end of the 'traffic island' and look for the BLUE overhead sign that says "LAX Shuttle Airline Connections" and wait for the bus"

c. Ride it past terminal #4,5,6,7 and then onto terminal #1.

Between the wait and the ride, the transfer will take about the same amount of time as walking.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TBIT to Terminal 1

hi hopskipjump

thank you for ur reply and info.

how long does it takes to clear custom & immigration at TBIT ?

im hoping to board my connecting flt in T1 on time.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TBIT to Terminal 1

No one can tell you for sure how long it will take for you to clear immigration and customs in TBIT. It depends on the time of day and how many other international flights arrive at the same time. You will also have to go through security again in Terminal 1 so I'd just move along quickly through all the procedures. IF your first plane is on time it should be OK.

IF your first plane is late then it may be a problem. IF it was my trip I'd try to change the Southwest flight to a later one just in case since it is a completely separate ticket!

Edited: 02 December 2013, 15:01
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,334 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TBIT to Terminal 1

You MAY be ok. But in addition to clearing custom and immigrations, physically getting over to T1, you have to queue up to recheck your bags. Then queue up again for security. In my experience, T1 is busy all the time.

So to break it all down...land 11:50a,

deplane and clear immigration maybe by 12:30-12:45p.

wait for bag on carousel and go through custom ~ 1-1:15pm

make your way over to T1 by foot or shuttle ~ 1:30-1:45p

queue to check bag ~ 1:45 -2p

Then go through security again.

This seems pretty tight to me. I would go for a later flight. I have missed connections before due to delays out of my control and I hated it. But this you can control.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TBIT to Terminal 1

Hi All

Thnks so much for all the info.

The only later connection flight is Southwest FLT 2149 departing at 3.45PM.

Will I be able to board the 3.45pm flight on time ?

Thnks !

Edited: 02 December 2013, 16:30
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TBIT to Terminal 1

The 3:45 gives you more time so I'd switch to that one. It is safer than the earlier one.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TBIT to Terminal 1

"Will I be able to board the 3.45pm flight on time ?" That's a question that just cannot be answered until you are actually there and see what the situation is. It's just a part of modern air travel.....the uncertainty of connections. Sorry. Chuck.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,334 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TBIT to Terminal 1

I would take the 3:45p flight myself.

9. Re: TBIT to Terminal 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:17