I am beginning my plans for an American Christmas trip with my partner next year :) we re thinking of starting off in Los Angeles around 10 - 15 December and then making our way through to New York in time for Christmas, stopping at places along the way. so my questions are:
1. Any well priced car hire places with a good reputation?
2. Best places to stop along the way? Las Vegas is on my list
3. How long to stay in each of these places? I am thinking I'll probably want to stay the longest amount of time in NYC..
4. how are the roads in December? never been to America so will have no idea what to expect.. I'll be struggling to drive on the opposite side!
5. accommodation recommendations? in the big places such as LA, Las Vegas and NY I'll probably want to splurge that little bit extra, but other places I'm fine with budget (but nice, and safe) accommodation.
also please note I am a HUGE fan of Christmas so please feel free to point me in the direction of Christmassy things!
oh I should also ask, anyone have any suggestions on how much money to aim to save for this trip? I've done estimates of flights and accom and it added up to around 7 grand each... would 10 grand be enough?!
thank you :)