We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood Sign Hike?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hollywood Sign Hike?

Hi there,

Coming to LA next week from NZ and want to do the Hollywood Sign Hike.

Can anyone give me an address or something where i can easily get to it/park my car etc,

Ive had a look online and have found many different ones so now im confused.

The Canyon lake drive one is popular? Just want the fasted way there.

Thanks for your help.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,217 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood Sign Hike?

There's a TOP QUESTIONS BOX topic about this (look on the right side of the screen in our TOP QUESTIONS BOX and click on "How do I visit the Hollywood Sign"). Here's a shortcut:

The Canyon Lake location (which is viewing site #6) in the above link is the closest viewing site to the FRONT of the sign which is on an adjacent hill which you cannot climb (fences, cameras, man-eating dogs, etc). This is not a hike; it's simply a viewing site. The address where the viewing site is located is simply the intersection of Canyon Lake Drive and Mulholland Highway.

As you have not provided your starting point for the day, the map shows a route from the center of Hollywood (the corner of Hollywood Bl & Highland Av) to the viewing site.

If your starting point is different, use the scroll bars to the left of the map itself to scroll to the top of the left-hand column and change the starting point to whatever you like, then click 'get directions'

The left hand column has turn-by-turn directions. You can zoom in using the "+" button at the right side of the map and you can move the map around by clicking-holding-dragging the mouse.

If you want to HIKE to the sign, the info is here:

Note: this will bring you to a site BEHIND the sign and a little bit above it. Of course, the letters of the sign will be backwards when you view it from this position.

2. Re: Hollywood Sign Hike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 06:19