We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Lodging and Tours Suggestions

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Brunswick
Level Contributor
152 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Lodging and Tours Suggestions

Hi,

I will be doing a very quick 24 hour trip to LA in early January (16 & 17). I know that I don't have much time to enjoy the City, but I want to make the most of the time that I have there.

I've decided to stay in Hollywood as I want to do all of the touristy stuff. Most of the Hotels that I've reserched are pretty much all of the same rate and would like your input on which one to choose. In the price, I've included taxes, parking and WIFI.

Roosevelt Hotel $260

Magic Castle $232

Loews Highland $252

Hilton Garden Inn $280

Holiday Inn Express $261

Also, I'd like to do a Starline Tour and I'm debating between 2 options:

- 24 hour HopOn/HopOff & Stars Tour or

- Stars Tour & Grand Tour

Thanks for your input!

Joanne

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Lodging and Tours Suggestions

Roosevelt (old and classy) and Loew's (new and modern) are a cut above the other hotels in that area, so I'd choose one of those depending on which style suits you more. You've got good rates quoted for both and especially surprised that Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn Express are charging more for the same dates.

As for tours, personally I suggest the Hop-On/Hop-Off tour, since it is the only tour that allows you to explore the sights on your own, on foot, rather than just driving by all the sights and only getting glimpses of them.

Edited: 29 November 2013, 17:58
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,992 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Lodging and Tours Suggestions

It's a no-brainer. Pick the Loews.

It's a 5 star hotel for the price of the other 2 and 3 star hotels. All the hotels on your list a pretty lousy - basic and no ammenities - except for Loews and Roosevelt (which is more of a party hotel).

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
152 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Lodging and Tours Suggestions

Thanks so much for your input! I was leaning more towards the Loew's anyways. :-) Just wanted someone to confirm that.

Yes, I too was surprised about the rates. It's AAA rate, I'm wondering that perhaps Loew's & Roosevelt give a bigger discount than the others. Not sure, but I'll take it.

Joanne

4. Re: Help with Lodging and Tours Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 06:18