We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

second hand Winter clothes

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
second hand Winter clothes

Hi,

We are planning a trip do LA at Feb 19 to march, and our first stop will be Los Angeles. But after that we are going to Yosemite and Grand Canyon. So we need to buy winter clothes for all family, 4 years old girl, 10 years old boy and us.

Since we live in Brazil, we don´t need new clothes since we are going to use only on this trip.

So does anyone knows a second hand store in Los Angeles, or even San Francisco for us to buy those winter clothes?

Thanks

Regards

Mariana

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,535 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: second hand Winter clothes

Where are you staying in Los Angeles? It is a very big place.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,702 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: second hand Winter clothes

You can get pretty inexpensive new clothes from a number of retail shops, including Walmart and Macy's. Second hand stores may or may not have the right clothes or in the right sizes for your whole family.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,332 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: second hand Winter clothes

If you don't mind driving around due to the inventory issues, Goodwill and Salvation Army are the two large chains of 2nd hand store. I have family and friends who have found quality stuff there. But it's hit or miss. You have to consider how much driving around versus the potential savings.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: second hand Winter clothes

Since Northern California, on average, has colder weather than Southern California, you might have better luck in the San Francisco area.

Walmart is also a good idea, especially in Northern California, as the stores stock what sells in the area, and the LA Area doesn't have much demand for very cold gear. But note, San Francisco (the city) doesn't have a Walmart, but nearby Oakland does.

I have never though of Macy's as a discount store, IMHO it is a full priced store with some good sales on occasion.

Southern California
Level Contributor
14,228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: second hand Winter clothes

Goodwill has decently priced new and gently used clothing, I have bought things there, but not winter gear. I agree you will probably have better luck in SF, when I wanted a nice warm fully lined London Fog raincoat, I got it in Vegas at one of the outlets.

6. Re: second hand Winter clothes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:17