We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage while at BCS game?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pell City, Alabama
1 post
Save Topic
Luggage storage while at BCS game?

Arriving at LAX at 1:15pm on game day (BCS)... Staying with family in west LA, but cannot meet to get luggage. Is there anywhere to store luggage so we can go strait to the game via the metro?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,787 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage while at BCS game?

I think there is luggage storage at Union Station. I don't know if they'll still be open after the game.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,783 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage while at BCS game?

sorry, but post 9/11, there is no luggage storage, other than long term storage.

There's also no direct metro from LAX to the game. You'll want to rent a car, and stow the luggage in the trunk, or ask your friends/family to pick you up from LAX.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,787 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage storage while at BCS game?

There is bag storage at Amtrak Union Station, fee based. OP'll have to take the flyway bus from LAX to Union Station.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage storage while at BCS game?

LAX to Union Station, via express Flyaway bus from your arrival terminal (make sure you get on the one going to Union Station). Store luggage at Union Station (I don't know the details on this; check with Amtrak, perhaps). Take Gold Line (metro) at Union Station, direction "Sierra Madre Villa". Exit at Memorial Park Station; either take the shuttle, at Parsons parking lot @ two blocks from the station, or walk 1.75 miles to the stadium. ( Either way, just follow the swarms of people in team colors.)

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,783 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage storage while at BCS game?

I believe that the new rules do not allow you to store luggage without a train ticket.

"At most staffed locations, Amtrak offers baggage storage to ticketed passengers. Each bag may be stored at $4.00 per 24 hour period. View Page"

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage storage while at BCS game?

Hmmm...But they also say this...and it is not exactly clear whether or not you need to hold a ticket.

www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer…

Baggage Services Baggage Services

"Need help with your baggage or somewhere to store it while you explore the city? Amtrak offers temporary storage and baggage assistance at most staffed stations."

More about Baggage Services

(Hopefully a visitor will come back sometime and say whether or not this worked out. As locals, we'll never need this service.)

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,783 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage storage while at BCS game?

Amtrak offers the service to their ticketed passengers, which they state clearly. Amtrak doesn't offer the service to the public.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,787 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage storage while at BCS game?

Buy a one way ticket from Los Angeles to Anaheim for $18, pay $4 for storage. Total of $22. Problem solved.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggage storage while at BCS game?

TSS, that's an elegant solution, if it works...better yet, get a ticket from LA to Glendale, CA.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luggage storage while at BCS game?

I'm with Pasca. From the Glendale Amtrak station it's a short walk to the bus stop for the Metro 780 bus on the SW corner of Los Feliz Road and San Fernando Rd. Get off at Colorado Bl & Fair Oaks and catch the Pasadena Arts 51 bus from the nearby SE corner of Raymond Av & Union Street for the 9 minute ride the Bowl. The entire transfer from LAX to the game (including waiting time for the various conveyances and checking your luggage at Union Station) should be about 3 hours.

If it were me (and it was in my budget), I'd rent a car