We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

Please I need an overnight arriving 10.30am departing 1.30pm following day. I have narrowed it down to Holiday Inn but as there are two I can't decide which one? The express one includes breakfast which is a cost saving, I also qualify for seniors discount at both. I am sure one of you good people can sway me more towards which one would be best. Traveling alone. Many thanks.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

I dont need to sight see as I will be back in L.A. for 7 days after Vegas and SFO.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

Are you just planning to stay at the hotel? If so, consider the Four Points LAX. They have a 24 hour rate so you should be able to check in on arrival. With most hotels they may not let you check in until 3 or 4.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

actually yes but I reckon it will take 90 mins at least to clear airport. then get to hotel, the price is so much more expensive at four points without breakfast. However a very good thing to consider. Thank you.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,214 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

Have you looked at these (rated better than the Holiday Inns)?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d77944-R…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d78037-R…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32341-d225788-…

Between the two Holiday Inns, the Holiday Inn Express gets better ratings.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

Thank you HopSkipJump for those suggestions, I will look now.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

HopSkipJump thank you, I have just booked the Renaissance, got a discount re age!!!!! lol. So glad I asked the question. Have requested a runway view, wow.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

Excellent - the Renaissance at LAX is far, far nicer than either of the two Holiday Inns there.

Columbia...
Level Contributor
420 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

We stayed at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn and it was pretty good.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

So glad I stayed at Renaissanse. Checking out soon. THEY put me on the 11th floor so that I got a good view of the runway and I found breakfast was included as it was the club floor. Good work HopSkipJump for putting me on to this hotel.

10. Re: Lax overnight? which holiday inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 05:17