We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

People of LA, help for a honeymoon trip please

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
People of LA, help for a honeymoon trip please

Hi, my names James. I am travelling to LA in June this year and getting married in Huntington Beach. After the wedding I'm looking for something luxury and special to do! We have 3 or 4 nights and we're thinking of flying somewhere to find a scorching beach and to be spoilt.

I've looked at flying to south of Mexico but you have to stop off on the flight which makes the flight time too long (6-18 hours in most cases)

Has anyone got any ideas as to what we can do? We have a budget of around $2000 all in.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

James

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: People of LA, help for a honeymoon trip please

Well, for "scorching beach", the further south the better, as in June in LA and southern California in general, mornings and sometimes all day at the beaches can be cloudy, overcast, grayish affairs (look up a weather pattern called "June Gloom"). Plus, if you are expecting tropical ocean water temperatures here, don't. The water never gets all that warm here, even in the middle of summer.

If Mexico doesn't work, maybe you should look at Florida, which would likely have better beach weather and water temperatures at that time of year.

Otherwise, there area few resorts in southern California on the coast or the beach - Terranea in Palos Verdes, the Montage in Laguna Beach are a couple of them, plus there are a few in the Santa Barbara area.

If you don't necessarily want the beach, but do want the heat, then look in Palm Springs, about 2 hours drive east of LA, where there are many resorts.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 21:55
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: People of LA, help for a honeymoon trip please

Congrats.

When you say "south of Mexico" do you mean in Mexico itself or a country south of Mexico.

You can find something in Punta Cana or Cabo that falls within your budget, is a relatively short flight, and would be scorching.

Dr. Z

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: People of LA, help for a honeymoon trip please

If you mean going to Mexico, there are non stop flights from Orange County (SNA) on Air Tran to Los Cabos. If you go to LAX then you have lots of choices for non stop flights to Mexico. If you mean further south, there are non stops from LAX to Guatamala, Costa Rica and Panama.

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,035 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: People of LA, help for a honeymoon trip please

I just booked round trip LAX-CUN for $482 and staying at a casita for $80 per night including tax. You do not state if you want AI or not, only stayed AI once about 4 months after my husband passed away. Cannot comment on Cabo but Puerto Vallarta is also nice, no need for AI, too many great restaurants in all price ranges,. personally I need the turquoise water.

5. Re: People of LA, help for a honeymoon trip please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 06:31