We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting hair and makeup done

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
7 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Getting hair and makeup done

Hi there! I'll be in LA for an Academy Awards viewing party and I'd like to get my hair and makeup done (or only makeup). Do you have any recommendations? (my budget is not that high - something around $200)

Thanks!

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
17,605 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting hair and makeup done

Look on Yelp. Also, if you don't mind being a test model for up and coming stylist, you might try signing up on the Model Mayhem website and see if anyone is looking to do hair and makeup for free as practice if you have a look they are after.

www.modelmayhem.com

Edited: 09 January 2014, 20:53
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,780 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting hair and makeup done

Where are you staying? LA is enormous and there are many, many, many places that offer inexpensive blow dry/styling. Places like Sechoir on Montana: www.sechoirplus.com For make-up, you can go to any department store counter, any Sephora and any Space NK.

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
7 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting hair and makeup done

Hey, thanks for the answers! I'll be staying in Santa Monica. The Sechoir Plus looks pretty good :)

4. Re: Getting hair and makeup done

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:17