We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cemetary visits

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Cemetary visits

hi,

i'm visiting LA with my sisters in April. we are all in our early thirties and have very different interests. one of the things I want to do is visit the grave sites of stars like, Marilyn Monroe, Donna reed, Bette Davis, Farrah Fawcet and Eve Arden.

From the research i've done so far it looks like the two cemetaries are westwood memorial park and forest lawn memorial park.

my question is how far are these to different sites from hollywood area (that's where our hotel is).

I really want to visit these two sites but if they are a far away I don't want to make my sisters travel way out when its not something the two of them neccesarily want to see. (we will have a car rental).

Would I be able to do both in one day?

thank you for any info you can offer me.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,056 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cemetary visits

Are you driving or using public transit?

If the former, you can use a mapping site like Maps.google.com and enter your starting and ending points and it will give you the mileage, the route and the estimated 'drive time'.

If you're using public transit, you can do the same thing but instead, click on the public transit symbol on google and it will show public transit routes and times.

There's an entire topic in our TOP QUESTIONS box about public transit at the right side of this page that you should read if you plan to 'take the bus'. If you can't see this content, here's a shortcut to similar content (link and SCROLL DOWN to the "Local Transportation" section:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32655-i61-k506308…

In the future, it helps if you can be specific as possible. For example, how far away is 'far away'?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cemetary visits

You can do both in one day but there would be some driving involved since they are in opposite directions from one another. Westwood memorial park can be difficult to spot from nearby streets (it's nestled in among some tall buildings) so be sure to research exactly where it is. For your companions Westwood Memorial Park is near UCLA and the Hammer Museum. On the way there from Hollywod you could go to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and shop or visit the Paley Center for Media. Forest lawn is on the edge of Griffith Park. Not too far away are the LA Zoo and the Autry National Center, or The Americana At Brand and the Glendale Galleria shopping malls.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cemetary visits

There are two Forest Lawn cemeteries that might interest you. One is in Glendale, not far from Griffith Park:

seeing-stars.com/Buried2/ForestLawnGlendale.…

The other is in the Hollywood Hills not far from Universal:

seeing-stars.com/Buried2/ForestLawnHollywood…

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cemetary visits

Consider Hollywood Forever cemetary.

An old cemetary in East Hollywood where many people of interest have their final resting places. The cemetary itself has come back from the dead and rebranded itself in an unusual way. It's a little different: there are movies, and music, and an amazing Day of the Dead event.

http://www.hollywoodforever.com/

5. Re: Cemetary visits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:19