I'm planning a 2 day stop over in LA in June.
After reading up, we've decided on a West Hollywood location.
I don't know if this is a stupid question, but WH is a fairly large area. Which side exactly would you recommend? Between Sunset Blvd and Santa Monica Blvd closer to Plumber Park/N La Brae Ave? Or over near the Sunset Strip area, closer to the Beverly Hill side of things?
What we're looking for in a locality:
- We will have no car, so will need to depend on walking/public transport. Being central is important.
- Love the idea of being able to stroll within a couple of blocks distance and find great places to eat. (Preferably not expensive, just delicious.)
- We're not interested in nightclubs, but would still like interesting places to visit at night - theatres, live music, pubs etc.
- Shopping isn't a priority, but a stroll past the main shopping areas out of interest is probably in order.
- We would like to feel safe and comfortable out at night, a reason why we are looking into WH, and probably stay away from late nights near Hollywood Boulevard, as I hear that it can get a bit seedy.
Out of our 2 days we are considering spending one of them at Universal Studios as it comes highly recommended. Would you agree with this? This leaves one day to explore the Hollywood area, stroll down the major boulevards, maybe do a bus tour, spot some celebrities etc. We will probably miss Santa Monica unfortunately, but the beach itself isn't too much of an attraction for us as we live near one at home anyway.
By the way, we're probably looking at doing an Airbnb place or similar, rather than a hotel as it will probably work out quite a bit cheaper for the 4 of us who will be travelling. Budget probably around $200/night for the 4 of us. Preferably under $250.