We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days Free and Easy in Anaheim and LA and LV.

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
10 days Free and Easy in Anaheim and LA and LV.

Hi,

We are planning a trip to LA end of May. We will be travelling with 2 kids age 7 and 11 years old. We will be driving and we are thinking of getting a shuttle or tour bus for sight seeing. We would also like to visit Disneyland for 2 days, and the rest of the 8 days in LA and LV.My questions are: Is there any shuttle buses that can bring us from Anaheim Hotel to LA /LV hotel. Can you recommend us nice and cheap hotel at Anaheim/LA/LV. And also, is it convenient to do shopping in Las Vegas?(Do I have to take transport or can just walk?)

Thanks and regards

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days Free and Easy in Anaheim and LA and LV.

You wrote that you will be driving. Did you mean to write you will not be driving?

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days Free and Easy in Anaheim and LA and LV.

Hi,

Sorry, I meant to be "not driving".

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days Free and Easy in Anaheim and LA and LV.

Try Lux Bus America (www.luxbusamerica.com) for hotel shuttle between LA and Anaheim. They also have service to Las Vegas. There are other companies that may be better/cheaper between LA/Anaheim and Vegas, however, like MegaBus or BoltBus.

There's lots of shopping in Vegas itself, including some outlet malls there - I don't think they;re in walking distance of the main hotels but there are shuttles to the outlet malls from the main hotel areas.

As for "cheap" hotels, please tell us how much you are willing to spend per night in USD? Note LA hotels tend to be expensive - Hollywood is the best part of LA if you will be visiting without a car since it has good public transit and tour bus access, and its also got a variety of hotels, some inexpensive. Anaheim is less expensive but is not a good base for visiting LA - its a good base for Disneyland, however. Las Vegas hotels are pricey on Friday and Saturday nights but usually much more affordable on the other days of the week.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,349 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days Free and Easy in Anaheim and LA and LV.

Disneyland is in the city of Anaheim, in a different county and roughly one hour from LA. I recommend you ask your disney and Anaheim related questions there. While there are folks who can answer you here, there are a lot of Disney experts there! You'll find answers to your bus transit there, too.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g29092-i65-Anaheim…

With the ages of your kids, you might enjoy staying at the Magic Castle in Hollywood. We generally ask visitors what they plan to do in LA. Having a rough itinerary is a good idea as the city is so large. Knowing where you are interested in visiting can help us choose a location for you to stay.

Your Las Vegas questions can be answered on their forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g45963-i10-Las_Veg…

5. Re: 10 days Free and Easy in Anaheim and LA and LV.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:20