We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to LA for Spring Break

Fort Collins...
8 posts
Save Topic
Travelling to LA for Spring Break

Hey guys! So I'm planning on going to LA during Spring break, so between March 16-22. I've got a day planned for the Desert Hill Premium Outlet, but besides that I'm not too sure what or where else to go.

Anyone got some recommendations, including whether to stay in LA Downtown or Hollywood? Im travelling alone and 21.

Thanks!!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to LA for Spring Break

Will you be renting a car? What types of things interest you? What is your hotel budget per night?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,523 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to LA for Spring Break

The L.A. Metro area has hundreds of attractions. Check out the TOP QUESTIONS on the right side of this page and the linlks in the green stripe at the top of this page. (You can't use a phone to see these things. If you can't see them, go here -- link and SCROLL DOWN):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32655-i61-k506308…

Why Desert Hills? There are closer outlets. Camarillo, for example is only about 2/3rds the 'drive time' as Desert Hills. http://mapq.st/1l2gocR

Fort Collins...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to LA for Spring Break

no i won't be renting a car. no licence. mmm i like fashion, art, shopping. not sure about clubbing as going solo aint too safe i believe.

Fort Collins...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to LA for Spring Break

thanks for the link. desert hills has all the shops i want to browse, whereas the others dont. i know there are shuttle tours, which are like $100 though

oh and hotel budget...~$200/night max?

Edited: 07 February 2014, 04:12
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
30,044 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to LA for Spring Break

Look into the Ace Hotel in the heart of the fashion district downtown. You can hang out in the hotel roof bar at night, very safe (as are the nearby bars and fantastic restaurants)

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
20,526 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to LA for Spring Break

I like ElleBein's suggestion. You could consider Santa Monica, too; very walkable and safe. Stay in the HI Santa Monica Hostel to save some $$. I understand they do excursions with their guests, it could be a fun way for you to meet others around your age.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5,267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling to LA for Spring Break

Only problem is that the Ace Downtown starts at $244 per night before tax, which is above your budget. You'd have to up your budget for that. Even the other hotels, that are normally around $200 per night (like the Sheraton, Bonaventure, LA Hotel Downtown, Etc,) are all over $300 per night for that week. Due to big events in the area that week, I think downtown is out of your budget. Many of the hotels downtown are already sold out as well.

Edited: 07 February 2014, 18:26
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5,267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling to LA for Spring Break

Actually, I just found The LA Hotel Downtown (Hyatt brand) for $188 per night (before tax) direct on their website. Although it's a prepaid rate and non-refundable and you must book direct through them online. Not in as lively an area as the Ace hotel, but still in Downtown so lots of stuff to do nearby.

http://thelahotel.com/

9. Re: Travelling to LA for Spring Break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 06:21