We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RE: Hip Hop/RNB Bars or clubs

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
RE: Hip Hop/RNB Bars or clubs

Hi there,

I'm coming to Venice Beach from London England alone for a weeks vacation in 2 months time and would like to know where the best bars and clubs are that play hip hop music. Nice and chilled venues please;)Many thanks.

Gary

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,780 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RE: Hip Hop/RNB Bars or clubs

Zanzibar on 5th and Arizona and 31Ten Main Street. There are many bars with djs that are hugely popular like The Bungalow at the Fairmont, The Wilshire, The Circle Bar and more.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: RE: Hip Hop/RNB Bars or clubs

Hey Ellie, thanks! Was you the lady who told me where to go to meet cool chicks in Venice?;)

They took my post down as they thought it was inappropriate!!!! Can you believe that!!

So what's the story on girls liking guys from London??;)

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,780 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RE: Hip Hop/RNB Bars or clubs

Just like guys in London find American girls exotic, so too do American girls find London guys exotic. Different culture, upbringing, knowledge, etc.

You'll have a great time - Venice and Santa Monica are filled with so many bars within walking distance of each other, and everyone is super friendly. It's toe to toe with Soho and Covent Garden at night - on a nice warm night. Definitely go to The Otheroom on Abbot Kinney (early, they open at 5) as well as The Brig (gets crowded late, after 9PM). Also head over to Chaya Venice (on Main) where there's happy hour all night, and then a few steps to 21Ten on Main Street (long lines to get in after 10, try to get there early). Don't miss The Bungalow at the Fairmont and also ShangriLa rooftop, Viceroy's pool bar, Penthouse at the Huntley for the views. Chloe and The King's Head are also fun (the latter is filled with Brits). There's more, like O'Briens, Library Alehouse, Wilshire, V Lounge, James Beach, Whaler, and on and on

Where, exactly, are you staying? Don't drive, when bar-hopping, cops are everywhere - don't even think of having only one drink and then driving.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: RE: Hip Hop/RNB Bars or clubs

Hey Elle,

So sorry for the long delay as I only just saw your message! I'm thinking of staying on Venice beach in an apartment or a hostel still on Venice beach. I went to San Francisco last year twice and loved it and while in Frisco I spent a day in LA and loved it too. So I want to spend a holiday in Venice as it looks super cool with a chilled out vibe and delectable ladies too;). I did find in Frisco going out on my own was a big eye opener as people were always requesting that I join them! As strange as it may seem that would never ever ever happen in London! People would think you were weird or something, and that what I like about California so I hope Venice is the same as Frisco?;)

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: RE: Hip Hop/RNB Bars or clubs

Hey Elle,

So sorry for the long delay as I only just saw your message! I'm thinking of staying on Venice beach in an apartment or a hostel still on Venice beach. I went to San Francisco last year twice and loved it and while in Frisco I spent a day in LA and loved it too. So I want to spend a holiday in Venice as it looks super cool with a chilled out vibe and delectable ladies too;). I did find in Frisco going out on my own was a big eye opener as people were always requesting that I join them! As strange as it may seem that would never ever ever happen in London! People would think you were weird or something, and that what I like about California so I hope Venice is the same as Frisco?;)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
424 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RE: Hip Hop/RNB Bars or clubs

LA (the tourist part) is pretty horrible for hiphop. Long Beach and the Inland Empire are where the most hip hop clubs are. Infusion Lounge at Universal City Walk has hiphop. Chocolate Sundaes at the Laugh Factory are really fun if you are here on a Sunday and its free (2 drink minimum).

7. Re: RE: Hip Hop/RNB Bars or clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 07:18