We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

Singapore
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

Hi all,

Would like to pick on your experiences/knowledge on the best way/airline to fly from Singapore to LA, LA to Honolulu and return. My husband and I are going to travel with a 11mth and 4yo. It's going to be our first long haul and my first time in US. I am hoping to find the most value for money AND child-friendly airlines to fly with, including the domestic leg from LA to Honolulu. Any suggestions?

Right now, we are being offered ~usd1600 for one adult to fly sin-lax (one stopover in Tokyo) /hnl-sin on delta. We have to find our own domestic lax-hnl. Is this reasonable in local terms? Or I can get a better price if I travel on two tickets instead e.g one tix for sin-Tokyo and fly Tokyo-lax with another airline?

Also I read the link on CA regulations re. car seats. Anyone knows if they are sticky about it? It will be troublesome to fly w two car seats =(

Appreciate any advice please!! Thank you!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

Forgot to add that we are travelling in June this year. Thanks all!!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,031 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

There's a forum for Air Travel here at TA, which is a better place to find answers to your questions.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

Yes, CA is sticky about car seat regulations. Price it all out and see what is cheaper.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
19,102 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

Hawaiian Airlines from LA to Hawaii. They are excellent, usually well priced, on time, and very comfortable. One of the few domestic carriers that still serves meals.

Car seat regulations are strictly enforced in California and you will need to use them in a taxi or shared van service.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,936 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

We flew on American the most when we lived in LA. Would have loved to go on Hawaiian but it never worked out. Good luck. Prices do go higher later in June do to American schools being out.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

Try www.kayak.com - use the "multi-city" option to search for your three flights. For some random dates in June, I am finding $1498 total using Delta Airlines for all 3 flights - that's better than the prices you mentioned for the trip that doesn't include the LA to Honolulu flights, though this price includes a stop between Singapore and LA, and again between Honolulu and Singapore.

Pauma Valley, CA
Level Contributor
405 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

Hawaiian Airlines or Alaska Airlines has nonstop from San Diego at a good price, go to their website to look for fares.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

For car seats, you can rent them with your car from the car rental company, you just have to install them in your car yourselves.

9. Re: Advice on flights to LA and Honolulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:18