We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oscars in LA March 2?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
296 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Oscars in LA March 2?

21 yo daughter and I plan to be in CA the same time the Oscars are in LA, what are the chances we will get a glimpse of celebrities? Any other advice? Thinking about spending most of our time in San Diego but coming to LA for a day trip?

Culver City...
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oscars in LA March 2?

Unless you are super rich or very well connected, your chances of spotting a celebrity in Hollywood during the Oscars are slim to none, and I think I just saw slim walking out the door.

The area surrounding the Dolby Theater will be well insulated and protected by security. Only people who have tickets will be sitting in the stands.

You're better off coming to town another time and going to a talk show taping if you really want to see a celeb.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,011 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oscars in LA March 2?

Very slim, unless you are staying at one of the hotels they are in, or have a meal there (BH Hotel, Four Seasons, Shutters, Casa del Mar, Peninsula, etc)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oscars in LA March 2?

In regard to traveling to the Oscars from San Diego I understand traffic will be very heavy and many street closures. Can anyone offer an alternate route from San Diego using 5N. to the 101N. My hotel is on N. Highland. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oscars in LA March 2?

Which hotel or what is its exact address? Highland will probably be closed at Hollywood blvd. that Sunday. Other days it should be open.

All the street closures are within a block or two of the theater which is at Hollywood Blvd. and Highland Ave.

If your hotel is north of Hollywood blvd., you should be able to take the 101 north of Hollywood Blvd and then head south on Highland. If your hotel is south of Hollywood Blvd., you can take the 101 to Sunset Blvd. and make your way from there.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oscars in LA March 2?

I will be at 2005 N. Highland Ave. Hilton Garden Inn. I will be traveling on Saturday not Sunday. If you know of a better alternate route please let me know. Thank you!!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oscars in LA March 2?

There really is no better alternate route, taking the 101 N is pretty much the way to go without going out of your way.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oscars in LA March 2?

Saturday should basically be fine getting to/from your hotel. Sunday a different story. Here's a list of street and sidewalk closures:

oscars.org/awards/academyawards/closures.html

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oscars in LA March 2?

I would take 101 North to Gower Street (one exit past Hollywood Blvd), and then make a right and the left at the end of the off ramp to get onto Franklin Venue. Take that to Highland, and then make a right, the hotel will be on the left in about a block.

http://goo.gl/maps/KEKFv

9. Re: Oscars in LA March 2?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:26