We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Culver or Farmers Market?

perth
Level Contributor
106 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Culver or Farmers Market?

We arrive quite late at LAX and need accommodation for one night before picking up bus to SF which picks up at 6.30 am Starbucks, Farmers Market or Sheraton, Culver which will be approx $250AU for the night in August

Obviously we do not want to spend a fortune as we won't be there long. Any ideas on where to stay at either place that's a bit cheaper?

Another consideration is public transport from LAX or cost of a taxi to each place.

Thanks so much for any input.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Culver or Farmers Market?

Near the Sheraton in Culver City are - Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, and the Doubletree Los Angeles Westside. I would check prices for those.

Near the Farmer's Market are: The Farmer's Daughter Hotel, the Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel, Rodeway Inn, Beverly Inn and Bevonshire Lodge Motel. Between them the first two I would say are ok. The latter 3 I'd avoid unless the first two are above your budget.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Culver or Farmers Market?

By the way, have you looked into MegaBus or BoltBus for transport to San Francisco, or, alternatively, perhaps flying?

In any case, between the two locations I'd rather be near the Farmer's Market, even if your stay is only brief, but Culver City is a fair bit closer and thus a less expensive taxi ride from LAX - in fact I think the Four Points Sheraton in Culver City has a free airport shuttle but you may want to call / email them to confirm. The hotels near the Farmers Market will not have free shuttles.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,978 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Culver or Farmers Market?

I lived near Culver City (in fact further north than the Four Point) and cab from LAX was around $20 with tip depending on traffic. If you are coming in late, should be no traffic.

Edited: 22 February 2014, 06:50
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,214 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Culver or Farmers Market?

FYI, southwest.com is offering flights in August from LAX to OAK (San Francisco area) for $70 per person. If it were me, I'd stay at a cheap hotel next to LAX and then fly to SF the next morning. Here's why:

a. You'll be able to find inexpensive hotel rooms near LAX so that will save you money.

b. These hotels have free shuttles to/from LAX (so you won't have to pay to transfer to your hotel)

c. Southwest's flights leave every hour and the flight takes only about an hour, 15 minutes. You could depart LAX on southwest at 9:45 (after a good night's sleep) and arrive at OAK at 11:00 (before the bus would arrive).

Buy your airline tickets soon as prices go up.

Edited: 22 February 2014, 07:55
5. Re: Culver or Farmers Market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:18