We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe Area?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Safe Area?

I have never used VRBO before to rent a place to stay. There is a place available in the 1000 block of Wilcox ave Los Angeles 90038. Does anyone have any information about this area? Is it safe and so forth?

Thanks.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,793 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe Area?

It's fine, not particularly pretty, but it's near Cahuenga and Santa Monica, in the heart of Hollywood.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,067 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe Area?

I wouldn't recommend it. It's not within walking distance of anything you'd want to visit and it's an unattractive area of old houses and cheap newer apartment building with commercial property like a car repair lot and a cheap motel. What are you looking to pay? What are you travel dates?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,905 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe Area?

Safe enough but do heed HSJ's advice and if you can answer those question we might be able to help you locate better.

The map below shows the area at Street View. You can turn it 360 degrees.

http://goo.gl/maps/iMZBI

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe Area?

Traveling the third week of May 2014. I would love to stay in West hollywood, but it is out of our price range for what we are looking for and it seems that VRBO is the way to go for us. $150.00 tops and we will have a car.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe Area?

Orchid Suites is near the corner of Hollywood and highland and has nice rooms at $139 per night, plus $10 to park, so $150 per night (plus taxes). Well rated/reviewed here at TA. Comes with a free breakfast and free Wi-Fi.

http://www.orchidsuites.com/prices.htm

So that is one option.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 19:06
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe Area?

So what you have located is in Hollywood, and it isn't a bad location. But have you searched for a hotel in Hollywood instead?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe Area?

There is also a place on VRBO on Glencoe way which is very close to the Orchid Suites, which parking is included, at $115 a night. I think this may be our best bet. It comes out cheaper than the Orchid Suites. I'm going to assume this location is very safe as it is in the same vicinity as the Orchid Suites.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
6,827 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe Area?

Consider this B&B in Culver City. Culver City is just south of Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Both would be very drivable. Culver City's downtown is very walkable with great restaurants.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32272-d1784957…

HTH

9. Re: Safe Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:28