We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stop over in LAX

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
stop over in LAX

Would anyone recommend leaving LAX if you have an eight hour stopover? If you would where get I go?

Thanks in advance.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,987 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stop over in LAX

Well is this a domestic to International layover? You need to be at the airport 90 mins prior to departure so that gives you just over six hours. You dont mention time -day or night

Perhaps a cab to Santa Monica for the beach and food and Window shopping

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,958 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stop over in LAX

I would recommend leaving the airport and I'd go to Manhattan Beach or Santa Monica, but the difficult thing always is what to do with your luggage since there is no luggage storage at the airport.

NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stop over in LAX

What to do if I have a 12 hour lay over from 9 AM which is an International flight with just a hand carry small luggage.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,958 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stop over in LAX

If I had 12 hours I'd rent a car and go anyplace I wanted in LA, Hollywwod, The Getty, Santa Monica...... you can cover a lot of ground in the 7-9 hours a 12 hour layover provides.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stop over in LAX

There are also tour companies that can pick you up and take you for a tour and return you to LAX for your flight.

6. Re: stop over in LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 05:20