We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX terminals

North Haledon, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
LAX terminals

I am arriving in LAX terminal 6 and need to get my luggage then meet someone who is coming into LAX terminal 2. Are there restaurants, etc. where I will be able to wait for them or will I not be able to get thru security? Thank you

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX terminals

No, unfortunately there are no restaurants in terminal 2 before you go past security, and you cannot get past security in terminal 2 unless you have a ticket on a flight departing from terminal 2. You might want to grab a quick bite to eat in terminal 6 after you deplane from your flight and before you make your way to the baggage claim area.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,231 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX terminals

Hi,

You cannot get through security in Temrinal 2 unless you have a boarding pass for a flight in that terminal. That is the rule throughout the USA in all airports.Sorry for repeating info.

Stopped to look something up and didn't realize info was already posted.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 14:30
North Haledon, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX terminals

thanks for the info - will there be a place I can sit inside terminal 2, even if it's on the floor? I have a 4 to 5 hour wait before my friends come in, thank you

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LAX terminals

There are benches you can sit on, but you should consider the advice in #1. Another option, should you decide to walk from T6 to T2, is to stop at the international terminal TBIT, where there are restaurants outside security. Either one would be preferable to just sit in T2 IMO.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 03:51
5. Re: LAX terminals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 05:27