We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warner Bros VIP tour Sat or Mon in early June?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Warner Bros VIP tour Sat or Mon in early June?

Hi

I'm just wondering if you have an opinion on whether a visit to Warner Bros for the VIP tour would be best on a Saturday or Monday in early June? I've been looking around the forums and 2 main factors in deciding seem to be - commute and filming.

We are staying in Hollywood Orchid Suites, so my understanding is that the commute would be shot enough and not too affected by rush hour.

The other is whether filming on the set(s) on the Monday would make the visit better or worse? I believe a lot of the shows, like Ellen, will be finished by then.

If you have any opinions/suggestions I'd love to hear them, as I'm hoping to book the tickets soon.

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warner Bros VIP tour Sat or Mon in early June?

On Monday the lot will be abuzz with workers, the cafes will be open, the Harry Potter museum will be open, it will be much more "in action" than on a Saturday. Though most tv shows are down, some movies will most likely be shooting. But yes the rush hour traffic will extend your bus ride by ten minutes or so or make your drive a bit hectic. Try for an 11am tour or save the parking fee and take the city bus, it picks up just a few blocks from your hotel and drops you two blocks from the tour.

Also if you're planning any day-drives from your hotel, maybe to Santa Monica beach or somewhere, Saturday and Sunday will be the lightest days for driving in Los Angeles, especially in the mornings.

Edited: 17 March 2014, 14:43
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,481 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warner Bros VIP tour Sat or Mon in early June?

I would go on Monday, as it is a normal workday.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warner Bros VIP tour Sat or Mon in early June?

It looks like Monday gets the vote, thank you both for your input.

@HaroldnMaude duly noted re best days to visit Santa Monica, hope to do that on the Sunday!

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warner Bros VIP tour Sat or Mon in early June?

I'll pile on and agree with Monday, but I'd target for a 1 PM tour, right after luNch (that is what we did). My logic is that lunch can be cut short if you are running late. Mid day traffic is also lighter. On a week day we got to see the director and camera man planning out the next day's shots and the props from the Sunday's Academy awards show were being unloaded.

5. Re: Warner Bros VIP tour Sat or Mon in early June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:20