We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights in August from UK - Prices

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Flights in August from UK - Prices

Hi all,

I've got the opportunity to visit Los Angeles for a fortnight in mid-August and have just looked at flight price which is currently around £800 - £1200 to fly from the UK.

I was wondering whether it would be likely prices will come down in the next few months. Sorry if this is a silly question, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the prices yesterday - I feel the top end is out of my budget the low end would be a stretch. I've only travelled to the US once and that was about 6 years go around May so not very clued up on current prices around this time of year.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights in August from UK - Prices

Well, that's a big difference in pricing. If you can get it for 800, book it, it won't come down much because it's August when fares in and out of Europe are at their peak. Looks like the price comes down to L750 starting August 21 but they stay around 750 all through September. 800 is best for mid august if you can get it.

2. Re: Flights in August from UK - Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:16