We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi's outside Metro stations.

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi's outside Metro stations.

Outside Metro stations are there normally taxis outside waiting for costumers or do you need to phone a taxi company up if you need one.

In particular are there taxis outside the Del Amo Station.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,370 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi's outside Metro stations.

That's a good question. I would guess 'no' but maybe others will advise. This area is not safe in the evenings/night. Be careful.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi's outside Metro stations.

Generally, no. The only ones where you're likely to find taxis is at the major stations or the ones at tourist attractions - Union Station, maybe 7th St. Metro Center, Hollywood / Highland. The Del Amo station probably not. Phone ahead for a taxi if you need one.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi's outside Metro stations.

I'll be at the station during the day. Is this station pretty sketchy?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi's outside Metro stations.

Not the greatest area, to be sure. What is your ultimate destination, and from where will you be departing? Perhaps we can find an alternate way to go.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,294 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi's outside Metro stations.

This is not a typical place in which visitors stop at. Do you have friends there or some sort of business to attend to.

Perhaps you can take a taxi instead of the Blue Line and have the driver wait for you, especially if it's for a short time.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi's outside Metro stations.

I'll be going to the Stubhub center to see a Football/Soccer game and I'm starting my Journey at Vermont and Santa Monica on the red line. The closet Metro station to the stadium is Artesia but that looks really sketchy and is in Compton which i think would be wise to avoid. So i was thinking of going to next stop which is Del Amo and getting a taxi to the stubhub center and do the same on the return trip.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi's outside Metro stations.

You can take red line to 7th Street Metro Center station, there take Metro Silver Line bus south to Carson. Exit at the Artesia transit center and from there taxi or Metro Bus 246 to Stubhub center.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi's outside Metro stations.

Would you say Artesia transit center is safer than Del Amo?

9. Re: Taxi's outside Metro stations.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:18