We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

hi all i will be stayin at Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles amd just wondering are there any takeaway places or other places where i can get something to eat on a budget nearby i wont have a car and i will be using a walking stick

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

The answer is both yes, and no. The Biltmore is in the heart of downtown LA and while there are plenty of fast food and other inexpensive eateries nearby in walking distance, they are generally open only during the day on weekdays. When the downtown office workers go home for the night or the weekend, they shut down. Generally the restaurants open in downtown at night and on weekends are more expensive. However, even at these times all is not lost - if you don't mind a subway ride or two you'll have plenty of additional options - to start you can walk from Biltmore to the Pershing Square subway station, and take the subway to Union Station. Across the street is Olvera St., where you'll find several Mexican eateries. From Union Station, you can also take the Gold Line light rail train one stop to Little Tokyo (many Japanese eateries), to China Town (many Chinese eateries).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

aswell is it fairly safe around that area around night to catch public transport and how exprence will it be roughly

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

Personally I'd rather see you stay in Santa Monica.

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

Where are all the posters who constantly tell people how wonderful it is to stay downtown?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

the main reason i am staying here is i am doing a coach tour and it starts at this Hotel the day after i get to LA

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,825 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

For lunch there are a lot of inexpensive places to eat around the Biltmore, for dinner it is more restaurants than casual places.

Grand Central Market has take out places open until 6PM, the Bonaventure has some casual take out places too, but I am not sure on their hours and LA Live will have more, but that would be a bus ride for you probably if you are using a cane.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

968Chris, downtown will be ok if you're only staying there one night ... Maybe pick up a sandwich before you get to the Biltmore.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
6,816 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

I don't think it is accurate to characterize downtown as closing up at night as in days of yore. That has really changed. I lived there when it closed up in the evenings and weekends. When I was there the other day, I was struck by how much pedestrian activity there was everywhere in the evening hours. Even Broadway is open late now. Downtown is becoming more like a normal downtown. Given the huge influx of affluent residents in the past decade, this isn't surprising.

Near the Biltmore, if you walk down to 6th Street and head two blocks west on the south side, you'll find a string of budget restaurants like Subway, Loose Leaf (salads), Ocho Mexican Grill near Hope & 6th. (The hotel is bound by 5th and 6th.) Grand Central Market is another interesting option during the day. At Hill & 5th is another Subway restaurant.

A short taxi ride over to Little Tokyo would bring you to a huge variety of restaurants (not all Asian). This neighborhood is very lively in the evenings. Take the taxi to the Miyako Hotel and still the nearby outdoor Japanese mall. LA Live at Figueroa & Olympic is very active. But, restaurants are tend to be pricey. Still, you might find this area interesting to stroll. Just take a taxi here.

I would definitely ask the concierge for assistance. They are sure to give you up-to-date recommendations.

HTH

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

I was just told that there is aa Irish pub down the street any reviews

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: places to eat near Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

I think the Biltmore is a lovely hotel, though not a budget one. I paid about $22 for excellent lasagna in the hotel's Italian restaurant a couple of years back. You could ask at the hotel about take-out (more common expression than take-away). I don't recall anyplace within a short walk. The fact that you use a walking stick may or may not be relevant. How far can you walk? Can you take a taxi? What prices are you looking for? The Grand Central Market, as mentioned, is a few blocks away and has many inexpensive options, plus there are places like Subway even closer. The Original Pantry is a long walk or short taxi ride away.

The hotel's concierge should be able to help.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 14:13