We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Question

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Transportation Question

I'm taking the train from San Diego to LA on Wednesday, April 2. I arrive shortly after noon and need to get to my hotel, the Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks. I'm meeting my family at the hotel who is flying into LAX. They get in around the same time and will be getting a rental car. It looks like it would take a lot of time for them to come to Union Station to get me. So, I'm looking for alternative ways to get to the hotel. I'm sure a cab will be the easiest way to do that, but can anyone tell me about what the cost for the cab will be? Also, is there any other method of transportation suggested? Thanks!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Question

Better if you book your Amtrak ticket to the Van Nuys station instead of to Union station - then you'd be about 5 miles from the hotel instead of about 17.

Van Nuys Amtrak to your hotel = about a $20 taxi ride. You can take Metro Bus 761 from the Van Nuys Amtrak station towards Westwood almost right to the hotel if you exit at Sepulveda Blvd. just south of Ventura Blvd.

If you stick with Union Station, taxi is going to be around $55-60. By public transit you'd take the Red Line subway from Union Station towards North Hollywood, exiting at the Universal City station which is the second to last station. From there you can take Metro Bus 750 to Sepulveda Blvd. and Ventura Blvd., again leaving you with about a 500 foot walk to your hotel.

Virginia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Question

That's wonderful! With your advice, I was able to switch my Amtrak ticket to arrive at the Van Nuys station. I will just take a taxi from there. I am from VA and have never been to LA before. I am excited to have a few days to experience the city.

Thank you so much for your help!

3. Re: Transportation Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:34