We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

Auckland Region...
2 posts
Save Topic
Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

I know this subject came up over two years ago but I am looking for some recent relevant feedback and advice. We will be departing L.A for Auckand 9.45 p.m. in Oct 14 and as our day is basically free, we would like to check in with Air N.Z. early to be rid of the bags and then go to Venice Beach for the afternoon.

Does anyone have experience of checking in early for this flight?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

To find out the earliest you can check in, you should call the Air New Zealand toll free phone number and ask a representative. Then maybe come back and let us know? Thanks. Chuck

1-800-262-1234

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

Im from NZ and am also flying back home from LA on the 9.45pm flight in June - I would be very interested in the reply :)

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

You each will have to contact Air New Zealand directly and find out the earliest time before your flight they will accept your luggage. Each airline is different but generally its between 6-10 hours before the flight. Be advised that most hotels will keep your luggage for you on the day you check out and let you return to pick it up later that evening - of course how convenient this would or would not be would depend on the location of your hotel.

Auckland Region...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

I have the answer. I did contact Air N.Z in Auckland but the first person I spoke with did not have the answer. I phoned again and got a clear answer. One can check in three hours before the first Air N.Z. flight of the day. On my departure day that flight is 3.40p.m. so I am able to check in from 12.40. So the key thing to find out is what time the first flight of the day departs and come back three hours. I hope this is helpful to others.

auckland, new...
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

I also take Air NZ to fly back Auckland from LA at 10.30 pm early July. Do you mean we can check in together with the first flight of the day ? or we can check in from 12.40 pm until 7.30 pm 3 hrs before my flight. If so, which counter ?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

I have taken this flight twice. Both times I got to the airport early (the 3 hour recommended check in time) and the counters were closed until 2 hours before departure so we had to sit on our bags waiting. Not sure you could check in early but maybe look into luggage storage for the day. FYI - NZ fly from the most boring airport terminal I have ever encountered, I don't recommend spending anymore time there than necessary.

auckland, new...
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

Emma.Thank you for your advice

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
892 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

We booked a day room at the Travelodge close to LAX when we flew home last year. We checked in to the hotel around 10am, dropped off bags, then headed out for the day. We returned in time for a swim and a shower before heading to the torture of T2...

Day rates were about $55 plus tax, I just phoned the day before to book.

9. Re: Air N.Z. early check in at Los Angeles.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:16