We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economycarrental.com

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Economycarrental.com

Has anyone got any comments regarding this company? Price quoted is cheap compared to other well known companies. Googled for reviews but only found reviews for Economy Rent a Car, all reviews were bad. Are these two the same company?

Going to LA in about 2 weeks, staying for about 18 days. Looking for a car in the Corolla range. Anyone has any recommendation?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,479 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Economycarrental.com

Check the Sg sites of hertz Avis Alamo enterprise or budget or rentalcars.com

You get what you pay for. Stick to the above companies and sites

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Economycarrental.com

www.rentalcars.com, www.traveljigsaw.com.au are your best bets. They will bundle all insurance that you need into a fair price for the car.

When it comes to car rentals, there are enough horror stories posted on these forums about inexpensive car rentals that it brings to mind two old sayings: "you get what you pay for" and "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". My advice is to book directly with one of the large US national chains like Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, Thrifty, Alamo, Budget, tell them you are a foreigner when you book so that they bundle the insurance for you in advance, or use one of the two web sites I mentioned above which are 3rd party booking agents for the above companies.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,886 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Economycarrental.com

You get what you pay for.

These forums are littered with post from unhappy car renters who tried to save a few bucks by going cheap on the car. Few things can ruin a vacation faster than a bad car experience.

Stick with the major car companies.

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Economycarrental.com

Just this month I had a similar experience with Economycarrental.com. I rented the car and I was told there was zero excess for damages and theft, no exclusions were noted.

My contract said: ``With this package you are FULLY Covered and your liability in the event of damage or theft is ZERO!

Excess: 0 EUR for damages & theft``

I was involved in a flat tire, the car rental company charged me Euro 150.00 and told me that Economycarrental.com will refund the money to me. When I approached them they told me that tires, mirrors, etc. are excluded and it is in their general terms and condition. This was never pointed out to me before when I signed up.

They are a ripoff artist, purposely has a lot of hidden costs should some thing happen. Will never recommend them and will not rent from them again.

Edited: 31 May 2014, 21:37
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,479 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Economycarrental.com

A company that you rented from in the US charged you in Euros. I guess their bitcoin exchange system was down.

If you did visit LA , how was the trip ? Could we have a trip report please

6. Re: Economycarrental.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 06:18