Hi all, finally nailed down the details of my itinerary for LA/Anaheim. Appreciate some help to fill in the blanks here and there. Comments are welcome too!! Just to re-cap, we are a travelling party of 3 adults, 3yo and 11mo.
14 June (Sat)
- Touch down at 1010. Pick up rental and head to nearest Target at Culver for a booster seat. Will be bringing in a child seat for the little one.
- 1300-1700 Santa Monica: Lunch + Walkabout Promenade, Broadwalk, Beach, Playgrounds (Is 4hrs here, including time for lunch, too much or just right? Where should I park?)
- 1800-2000 Hollywood: Walk of Fame, Dolby Theater, TCL Chinese Theater. I am doing Hollywood sign the next day (Is it too late to do these? Where should I park?)
- Check-in Holiday Inn Express. End of day.
15 June (Sun)
- 0900-1030 Hollywood Farmer's Market (Is this worth going? I am considering this or Original Farmer's Market)
- 1130-1300 Rodeo Drive Concours D'Elegance - showcase of privately owned vehicles (once a year affair on Father's Day) : Hubs is a big fan of Top Gear so thought this would be interesting plus what's the odd we are there on Father's Day!! (Where can we have lunch? Where should I park?)
- 1330-1400 Hollywood sign up-close
- 1430-Nightime Griffith Park: Griffith Park & Southern Railroad, Merry-Go-Round, Pony Rides, Observatory for the stars (Around what time does the sun set in June? How crowded will the Observatory be -- I am thinking whether the onsite café has enough food to cater or I should pack something along Los Feliz on my way up? Will likely swing by Pink for supper takeaway :) Given the limited onsite parking, any idea where are the alternative lots?)
- Return to hotel. End of day.
16 June (Mon)
- 1000-1230 Union Station, lunch at Philippe (any other areas nearby worth taking a look? Where should I park?)
- 1300 On the road to Anaheim. Stopover at Knotts Berry Farm if required (Any idea how long the journey for that time on Monday?)
- 1500 onwards Check-in HOJO. R&R for rest of the day. Likely to visit Anaheim GardenWalk to pick up amenities (Or would it be worth for me to visit Disney that late in the afternoon)
17 June (Tues)
- 0900 onwards Shopping at Desert Hills Premium Outlets. Yes I know it's a long distance but it has all the shops I am keen in, compared to Camarillo. (Any suggestions on where to stopover on the journey there and back?)
18 & 19 June (Wed & Thurs)
- 0930 onwards DISNEY. 2-day parkhopper. Open to extend to 3-day if you all think it's worth to visit on 16 June PM.
20 June (Fri)
- 1100 Check-out. Drive to LAX for 4.40pm flight to HNL. Stopover at Mrs Knott's for lunch. Reckon we will arrive latest 1400 and be able to drop-off rental + check-in ard 1430-1500.
What do you all think? Too intense for the little ones, or at a good pace?