We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have a few general question....

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I have a few general question....

My partner and I will be traveling to LA on the 25th of September and our travel agent has booked us on a shuttle from LAX to Santa Monica with a company called Karmel Shuttle service for $68. Is this a reasonable price? Or would a taxi/ other shuttle service be a cheaper option.

She has also put Universal Studios FOL passes with hotel transfers on our itinerary. Firstly are FOL passes nessecary in September? And also would it be easy enough to find our own way to Universal Studios since we will be staying in Santa Monica. The price we have been given is $462 dollars for FOL passes plus the transfers for 2 Adults.

I am unsure wether these prices are good or to expensive so any info will be very much appreciated :)

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have a few general question....

Forget the fol passes, you don't have any advantage buying them in advance. You can decide that day.

Take a taxi. It's about $35 to Santa Monica.

Watch out what your travel agent is trying to book for you, they usually know very little. What hotel are you booked into?

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I have a few general question....

Awesome thank you! Should we buy the Universal Studios basic tickets in advance though?

We are booked in Best Western Gateway Hotel for two nights. Most of the hotels shes booked for our trip I have asked for as we are traveling to other places as well but i was unsure in Santa Monica.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have a few general question....

Beest Western is in Santa Monica, but not near the beach. It's an easy bus ride to the beach and downtown area, though. Be sure to walk up to Montana Avenue and have a stroll with the locals - have coffee, do a little shopping.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,281 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have a few general question....

Why on earth are you using a travel agent? It is a very common situation on this board where people use travel agents who routinely book them into mediocre or worse hotels. With the internet, they are worse than useless.

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I have a few general question....

Like i said above, I chose the majority of our hotels myself which she has been able to get cheaper then what i could find :)

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,652 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I have a few general question....

If you are at Universal on a weekend you probably will want the FOTL if you don't like lines. On a weekday you probably do not need it because by late Sept. schools are back in session. A cab to Universal would be between $55 and $85 each way so the transfers are probably a better option.

7. Re: I have a few general question....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:15