We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knotts Berry Bus/train

Dublin
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Knotts Berry Bus/train

Hi, we are travellin to LA but we are not renting a car. I know, that in LA we should, but my fiancee lost his driving licence last week We would like to go to knotts berry farm. As we stay in Hollywood is long way I guess, but time doesnt matter for us. Can you give me advice which bus/train to take from Hollywood/western to Knotts B.Farm? Thank you!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knotts Berry Bus/train

Generally you would take the Red Line subway from Hollywood / Western to the 7th St. Metro Center station, and from there you would take Metro Bus 460 to Knott's - www.metro.net for info on both the subway and this bus. The other alternative would be to take the subway the other direction a couple of stops to the Hollywood / Highland station - there www.starlinetours.com stages its tours and I believe that they do a tour to Knott's.

Dublin
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knotts Berry Bus/train

Thank you so much! I will defo check both ways. And is it worth it to visit Knotts Farm?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knotts Berry Bus/train

Depends on what you like and what else you are doing. Are you going to any other theme parks? Knott's is worth it but may not be the best choice for you - Universal Studios is a lot easier to reach from where you are staying, for instance, while a lot of people would do Disneyland / Disney's California Adventure instead of Knott's. If you like thrill rides / roller coasters, there's also 6 Flags Magic Mountain but its a pain to get to without your own car.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Knotts Berry Bus/train

A nicer option, take the Metrolink Train from Union Station (use the Metro Red Line from Hollywood) to the Buena Park Station, and then transfer to the OCTA Route 29 bus.

And the nice thing, your Metrolink round trip ticket covers the bus fare, just show your ticket.

And yes, Knott's Berry Farm is worth it, America's First Theme Park, a nice mix of shows, historical buildings (Ghost Town), Roller Coasters and other rides, even a true reproduction of Independence Hall. Also, famous for Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant.

www.knotts.com

And it is also the park with the lowest admission price, the best deal is to buy them 3 days in advance (or more) at the Knotts.com website.

5. Re: Knotts Berry Bus/train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 06:16