We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local tours for Seniors in LA

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
local tours for Seniors in LA

My Parents are planning to travel to LA in June timeframe. their plans are to stay in LA for 2 days then move on to Vegas. they are from india and speak broken english. i was wondering if someone can recommend a local tour company that can take them around LA and show them the beauty. If they can have a english/ hindi speaking guide - that would be awesome however i need to ensure that their experience is positive. Any advice?

PS: due to work deadlines, i am unable to travel along with them.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local tours for Seniors in LA

I would contact the Indian Consulate and ask for assistance

Indiacgny.org

Note: it is located in NY

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,899 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local tours for Seniors in LA

I did a Google search and it seems that Viator has some private guides in LA. Only one speaks Hindi, so I hope he is pleasant and available! The link provides you with the ability to contact the guide.

http://tourguides.viator.com/Listing.aspx

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: local tours for Seniors in LA

i actually did get the same person but if you do some digging you realize tht he is one man show and based in NY. I would suspect his authenticity when it comes to LA.

4. Re: local tours for Seniors in LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 02:05
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,452 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: local tours for Seniors in LA

Where are they staying? A very large number of the small to medium hotels in So Cal are owned by Indian Americans. Jagubhai Patel, is one owner who comes to mind. He owns Jerry’s Motel near Downtown LA. I am not wild about the location or Jerry's, but I am certain he would have good ideas on where to find tours for your parents.

LA
Level Contributor
9,326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: local tours for Seniors in LA

#4 poster SG reported for spam.

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: local tours for Seniors in LA

thanks. currently am thinking they will stay near LAX

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,452 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: local tours for Seniors in LA

LAX is not a good location to stay or for tours.

Edited: 03 May 2014, 23:56
9. Re: local tours for Seniors in LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:16