We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Taipei, Taiwan
9 posts
Save Topic
Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Hi,

I will be in L.A. in the coming month. I will need to go to Cerritos from Torrance on one day morning around 6:30 AM. I am not a driver so I must have a taxi. Is it possible to reserve a taxi that early? I am not sure whether any taxi would be in service at 6:30 AM. Any suggestion or help appreciated.

Cheers,

Amelie

6-Hour Los Angeles City Tour
200 reviews
from US$79.00*
Special Offer
Best of Los Angeles Tour from Anaheim
180 reviews
from US$57.99*
US$67.99
Los Angeles Hop-on Hop-off Double...
581 reviews
from US$49.00*
Go Los Angeles Card
129 reviews
from US$85.00*
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,176 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Taxis are in service 24 hrs a day. Yes definitely reserve one a day ahead. Are you staying at a hotel? Ask the concierge to book you a taxi.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,405 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Or use Uber. With Uber, you "see" your cab as soon as it gets the assignment and you watch it approach via your smartphone. Even better, you can text or call the driver before they arrive.

HTH

Taipei, Taiwan
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Thanks for the useful info. So relieved to know the taxi is in service 24 hours.

Meanwhile, I searched a L.A. taxicab website http://www.taxicabsla.org/ and noticed Torrance and Cerritos were both out of their service area. Quite worried about this finding. Did I misunderstand the map? Appreciate so much if anyone could share his experience in taking a taxi in Torrance or Cerritos.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,405 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi in early morning in L.A.

I think I mentioned something about Uber, which wouldn't have this out-of-service area issue Or you could keep looking for that cab and hope it shows up.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,176 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Hitch you are assuming a tourist from Taiwan will have an operational smart phone with Uber loaded, or even know what Uber is.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Are you staying in a hotel in Torrance? They should have names of taxi companies that service the area.

Taipei, Taiwan
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Thanks for the advice of Uber. Actually I did not know what it is until today. I even read from the news that it is prohibitted in L.A... Anyway I will try to learn how it works before I land. :)

Taipei, Taiwan
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Yes before today the only thing I know about Uber is an useful app to help call taxi :p

Taipei, Taiwan
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Thanks Chinita. Yes I will stay in hotel in Torrance. Actually I have sent an E-mail to their general manager inquiring about the taxi however not received their reply yet. Now that I have got a positive answer here, I could be much more relaxed.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi in early morning in L.A.

Ok make sure you secure your ride back as well because it may be hard to call a taxi from Cerritos. It sounds like you will have use of a smartphone then? Good luck.