We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific coast trip- advice

Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Pacific coast trip- advice

We are a couple in our early 30s and will be doing a road trip from SF to LA in mid June. We want to see the sights but also have a fairly laid back trip. Am thinking the following but want to be sure I am spending the most time in right places. I have spent a lot of time in San Francisco before, but my boyfriend has never been. We have both been to LA, so are more interested in seeing the coastal towns in between.

Feedback on the following would be great:

San Francisco- 2 nights

Santa Cruz- spend some time/have lunch

Monterey/Carmel- 2 nights

Cambria or Pismo Beach- 1 night

Santa Barbara- 1 night

LA- 1 night

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,136 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacific coast trip- advice

It looks good but I would caution you that Los Angeles is enormous with hundreds of attractions -- big and small, famous and not-so-famous, so if your previous visits to L.A. included stops at the Chinese Theater, the Farners Market and a stop at Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, you haven't really seen Los Angeles (any more than you've 'seen Boston' if you've been to Boston Commons, Quincy Market and the North End.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacific coast trip- advice

Sounds like a good trip. Hurry up and book your hotels before its too late.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,740 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacific coast trip- advice

I think you would enjoy a stop in Santa Cruz for lunch. Pacific Avenue is a long tree-lined street with more sidewalk cafes than I can count.

Here is a traveler article describing the rest of it.

You might want to visit Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park while you are here. There is a link to it in the article, but here is a better one...

Let me know if you have questions

4. Re: Pacific coast trip- advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 07:16