We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas to San Francisco

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Las Vegas to San Francisco

I am planning to drive from Las Vegas to San Francisco. I have noted the distance is shorter if I take the No.5 Highway. But I heard that No.1 Highway have a better scene. It is worth to take a longer time and drive by the No.1 Highway?

Also, is it easy to get a hotel in the highway even I do not make a reservation.

Many thanks!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas to San Francisco

Welcome to the forum.

How long do you have for this trip between Las vegas and San Francisco? Via coast or via Yosemite is not a one day trip. You can drive between las Vegas and Cambria in about 7 hours and drive long hw1 to Monterey and to San Francisco next day but even better is to stay one other night (like In Monterey) along the coast.

Tet

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas to San Francisco

The most scenic part of Highway 1 is between Cambria and Monterey (the Big Sur area) - its not necessary to drive to Los Angeles from Las Vegas to get to Cambria, so you may want to post this question in the California forum (one level above this one) as your question is probably not related directly to this forum (Los Angeles).

3. Re: Las Vegas to San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:17