We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood Hotel Coupons

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
313 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hollywood Hotel Coupons

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has a coupon code for Loews Hollywood Hotel, The Redbury Hollywood, Hotel Orchard Suits or Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel for September 2014 ?

Appreciate if you can point out any good offers or deals going on.

Hoping to hear back soon ...

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,074 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood Hotel Coupons

If you're comparing Hollywood Hotels and Las Vegas hotels, don't. The hotels in Las Vegas are, largely, 'throwaways' -- meaning: they give you a hotel room for CHEAP because they know that you'll spend money at their hotel for gambling, alcohol, and nighttime entertainment.

The hotels you've listed are the most popular hotels in Hollywood and you would be visiting during one of the most popular times of the year. I can't imagine there being any coupons although the hotels (or online booking agencies) will sometimes offer specials based upon supply and demand.

The hotels you've listed vary greatly in price: the Orchid Suites is a BASIC 2-star; the Redbury is a newish boutique luxury 4-star.

What are you exact travel dates? How much are you looking to spend? Must you stay in Hollywood? Will you have a car? What attractions will you be visiting? Los Angeles is extremely spread out and Hollywood is just one SMALL neighborhood in our city. Often, Aussies have the impression that 'all of the tourist attractions' are in Hollywood. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's true that there are some famous ones, there, e.g. the Walk of Fame, Chinese Theater but Los Angeles and surrounding cities offer hundreds and hundreds of attractions. Have you looked at the list of attractions I gave you in your other thread? Here are 300+ attractions and only a few of these are in Hollywood.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g32655-Activitie…

For example, here are the top 10 attractions in the above list and their relative locations:

1. Getty Center -- hilltop art museum in Brentwood on the west side of Los Angeles. From Hollywood, it's a transfer of 3 buses in succession (or 2 buses plus some walking) and would take about 75 minutes, each way.

2. David Minkin -- Magic show in Hollywood -- 5 minutes on the red line metro rail

3. Nethercutt Museum -- automobile museum in the northern suburbs -- the red line followed by a bus (about 90 minutes, each way).

4. Griffith Observatory -- Griffith Park (Los Feliz area to the east of Hollywood) -- Public transit is available only on the weekends and requires taking the red line and then a DASH bus (about 50 minutes, each way).

5/6. L.A. Philharmonic/Walt Disney Concert Hall -- 20 minutes on the red line into downtown.

7. LACMA -- County art museum and (adjacent La Brea Tar Pits and Petersen Automotive Museum) -- in the "Central Los Angeles" neighborhood (bus ride of 25-30 minutes).

8. Griffith Park (enormous park with a dozen attractions). The Observatory is one -- mentioned above -- but other attractions in the Park which are NOT within walking distance from the Observatory include the L.A. Zoo, Autry National Center, 2 museums about trains, dozens of hiking trails, a child's pony ride and carousel, a public golf course, etc, etc. Only a handful of these are accessible by public transit and the transfer from Hollywood to, say, the Zoo, would require 2 buses and take over an hour, each way.

9.Staples Center (sports and entertainment venue in downtown L.A.) -- about 30-40 minutes each way via the red line followed by the blue line train or the red line followed by some walking.

10. California Science Center -- in Exposition Park (along with some other attractions) to the south of downtown L.A. -- by public transit, red line + the expo line (40 minutes).

Here's a map of the popular neighborhoods of Los Angeles:

…flickr.com/2695/4304287666_3f60e03695_o.jpg

As you can see, Hollywood is just a small part of the city (in fact, most of Hollywood is 'residential' including areas with hillside homes with views of the city which are impossible to reach by public transit). The tourist-friendly part of Hollywood is actually quite compact and many of the attractions, there, (the wax museum, Ripley's Believe it or not!, etc) are 'tourist traps' imo. You could spend your time a lot better elsewhere.

The best advice we can give you is to PLAN YOUR ITINERARY FIRST; then pick a neighborhood for your hotel which will give you the best public transit access to those attractions; then pick your hotel. We'll help you with all of that, of course.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
313 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood Hotel Coupons

thanks so much mate. The above is really really good and I am sure it will also help others reading this thread.

I am going end of Sep '14. I won't have a car so have to rely on public transport or walking that's why choosing Hollywood to walk around. I am trying to book in Orchid Suits as everything else beyond our budget. Our flight is around midnight so just gotta pay for one extra night as the check out time is 11am and we won't have a place to stay for that long.

I am not going to spend any $$ on those Replys believe it or not or those things as I have done those before.

My plan is to visit the Hollywood area ..walk of fame, Kodak theatre, Universal studios, the place where there is Hollywood sign (don't know how to get there) and we will pick one or two items from your list.

We are going to spend 2 days and 3 nights in LA

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood Hotel Coupons

Universal Studios has Hollywood in its name, but is actually in nearby Universal City. You can get there from central Hollywood via subway and shuttle bus. You can find tours to take you to the Hollywood sign, but I wouldn't, since it is, after all, just a sign. I think the best photos are taken from Hollywood Boulevard with something of interest in the foreground. There is a $7 shuttle up to the sign from Hollywood during May and maybe June, but I don't know of plans to keep it going.

If you want a real studio tour, I don't know that Universal is the best choice, but it does have a lot of other things (e.g., thrill rides) that others don't. Warner Brothers may be the best studio tour. It's in Burbank. Paramount Studios tour is in Hollywood. I assume you know you have to pay to take tours of the Dobly Theatre (where the Academy Awards are handed out) or Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 13:20
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood Hotel Coupons

p.s. sorry, that's Dolby, not Dobly, Theatre. It used to be known as the Kodak Theatre.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
313 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollywood Hotel Coupons

my wife wants to see the real Hollywood sign.. stupid and silly but I promised her as she does quite a lot for me.... and yes you can't really say no cause you'll be in trouble lol

1) How and where can I book in the Hollywood sign tour from Orchid Suites hotel location ?

2) I would like to see the Dolby Theatre tour - how much is it and how can I arrange for it ?

3) Is universal studios better or the warner brothers ? I can either select one or the other

I am struggling to find Burbank in skyscanner site for air fares from Las Vegas. Since this is the closest airport in Hollywood. How far is the taxi ride from Burbank airport to Orchid Suites hotel.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,800 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hollywood Hotel Coupons

There is no tour of the sign, it just exists. You cannot get close to it, you will see it when you look up toward the hills.

The Dolby Theater is just a theater. Why do you want to tour it? It truly is not special.

Universal Studios is a Theme Park with thrill rides and such. Warners is a working studio and the tour is more of an insider studio experience.

Walk of Fame takes maybe 15 minutes to see. Then you look up and see the Hollywood Sign. That gives you three full days to explore Los Angeles.

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hollywood Hotel Coupons

Burbank is only serviced from Vegas by Southwest Airlines. You won't find Southwest schedules on any other sites than their own....www.southwest.com

Booking.com often has a good rate for the Hollywood Roosevelt if you book this far in advance. Also check hotelcelebrity.com which is comparable to Orchid Suites.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 18:31
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hollywood Hotel Coupons

We took the Warner Bros. tour in October, and were a bit disappointed, but one's experience can vary widely by guide, and it may still be the best studio tour if that's a priority (over the rides, etc. of Universal, with a short studio tour added on). You can see reviews of the various studio tours (Warner Bros., Paramount, Universal, Sony) on TA. I toured the Grammy Museum, in downtown L.A., for the first time in March, and enjoyed it, but it's just exhibits, not a tour, and I liked it mainly to listen to rock hits of my youth.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 21:58
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,074 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hollywood Hotel Coupons

Actually, there are tours that include a view of the Hollywood sign which is viewed from Mulholland Drive (up in the hills). However, you can see the sign from many places in L.A. and with a zoom lens get a very nice picture of it from all of these places. We have a TOP QUESTIONS topic at the right side of this page that includes a list of vantage points from which to see the sign (you can even hike up to a point that is CLOSE to it -- and behind it, btw) but you can't actually go to it. Here's the content:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g32655-c174983/Los-An…

The closest place from which to view the sign in central Hollywood is from the rear terrace of the Hollywood & Highland Center Mall.

If you're interested in Hollywood, you might want to take a walking tour from RedLineTours.com. Here's the link to their Hollywood tour offerings:

http://redlinetours.com/la/?page_id=36

http://redlinetours.com/la/?page_id=40

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,921 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hollywood Hotel Coupons

Skyscanner found all the Burbank (BUR) flights from Las Vegas (LAS) for me no problem, including Southwest flights.