We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th July 2014 in Los Angeles

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lausanne...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
4th July 2014 in Los Angeles

Hello !

My family (2 adults and two daughters 18 & 20) we will be in Los Angeles on July 4th.

Where are the best fireworks? the most beautiful parades? the best BBQ or breakfast? What there has to make a fantastic 4 july in Los Angeles? thank you in advance for your answers.

Culver City...
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th July 2014 in Los Angeles

Are you just here for the night? Do you have a hotel already booked? Will you have a car and are you willing to drive?

What makes something "The Best" for you? Do you like crowds? Are you willing to pay to see fireworks (Hollywood Bowl or Dodger's Stadium have good shows)?

There aren't that many 4th of July parades that I can think of. The only one that comes to mind for me is in Westchester (near LAX), though I've never been. There are fireworks in Marina del Rey, too. The Inn at Playa del Rey has a front row seat, as do many of the hotels located around the marina.

You can always head to the beach. At Dockweiler Beach in Playa del Rey, they have fire pits for a bonfire, though I imagine they will be crowded.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th July 2014 in Los Angeles

I always suggest the 4th of July concert at the Hollywood Bowl - great outdoor ampitheater, and they always have first class music and great fireworks. But they also give the same concert with the Fireworks on July 2nd and 3rd this year too, so you could go one of those days and then go elsewhere on July 4th. www.hollywoodbowl.org

Elsewhere might be the Angels baseball game on July 4th (angels.mlb.com) - the Dodgers are not playing in LA on the 4th this year.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,841 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th July 2014 in Los Angeles

The best barbeque will be the one you create yourself! That's what most of us do. There are BBQ areas in parks, some at beach locations, too. Otherwise, pick up some BBQ from Baby Blues, for example, and enjoy at a park or beach.

I like me some free activities! Most fireworks displays will be listed in the Los Angeles Times the weekend before the 4th; if you are here, pick one up, otherwise, I try to post the link here on the forum each year, so keep looking here! A day at the beach, go home and clean up/cook-out, then head to a fireworks display is my kind of 4th!

Most small towns have parades; they tend to be homey, small town affairs rather than giant blow-outs. There is a small parade along Main St., Santa Monica on the morning of the 4th, for example, and I'm sure many, many more.

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,387 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th July 2014 in Los Angeles

Hollywood Bowl is terrific on July 4, went one year with friends who had box seats, hard to beat experience.

It's kind of a pain to haul charcoal, food, utensils, etc. to a park. In my apartment building LA city forbids charcoal BBQs on the balconies, so it is get invited elsewhere or haul the stuff to the park. Being a non resident of course that will not impact the OP.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,451 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th July 2014 in Los Angeles

We like the annual Fourth of July celebration in El Segundo, town south of LAX. The day begins at 10 am in Recreation Park in town. There will be food, games, contests and music.

Fireworks begin at 9 PM. You can buy wristbands for the grandstand seats or bring a blanket and sit in the park. You can see the display all over town. This is last year's flyer, new one will be out closer to the holiday.

elsegundo.org/civicax/…

6. Re: 4th July 2014 in Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:16