We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hollywood/Home tour for 11 & 14 year old

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hollywood/Home tour for 11 & 14 year old

This will be our 1st time visit to LA with our daughters who are 11 & 14. We will be there for 5 days at the end of June before heading to San Diego for 3 days.

The kids want to do a celebrity home tour. Any recommendations on a company where we could combine this with a visit to the Hollywood area famous sites?

We were thinking of a 3-4 hour morning tour and were tentatively planning to visit the Grove, Farmer's Market area in the afternoon.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,585 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hollywood/Home tour for 11 & 14 year old

Starline tours are generally well received and run often. I suggest you look at their offerings. If you prefer a more personal tour, you might wish to check the Things to Do tab at the top of this page. It takes a few clicks to get to sightseeing tours: After you click Things to Do, the next screen has more choices - click Activities. There, you'll see a tab for Sightseeing Tours, where you will find many with reviews and contact information.

I like the plan to do a celebrity home tour in the morning, then enjoy the Grove/Farmer's Market afterwards. I also recommend you stop by the LaBrea Tarpits while there, it's a very short drive from the Grove. It's a small museum that shows the very interesting animals that are stuck in tar beneath the city. My kids have always enjoyed a visit and it takes little time (I love to pop in a bit of education when I travel with my kids).

Have a wonderful time!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,229 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hollywood/Home tour for 11 & 14 year old

Youngsters might like the TMZ Tour, which is kind of Starline.

http://www.tmz.com/tour

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hollywood/Home tour for 11 & 14 year old

Might want to consider a visit to the Grammy Museum at LA Live in downtown. Much nicer than Hollywood.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32655-d17…

HTH

Springfield...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hollywood/Home tour for 11 & 14 year old

Thank you!

5. Re: Best Hollywood/Home tour for 11 & 14 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:18