We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

Hi there!

I'll be on a business trip on Burbank this week, and saved the saturday to do some tourism. I'll be staying at a hotel in Burbank.

Knowing the traffic of the city on a saturday (I heard could be chaotic), what do you think are the recommended activities to do in this Saturday?

Thanks for the contributions!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,447 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

Traffic notwithstanding.....what do you enjoy doing?

Do you like museums, nature, crowds, beaches, shopping, architecture, zoos, etc...?

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

Saturday morning traffic can be quite light actually, the earlier the better. If you're flying out from LAX late that evening you might want to make your way west as the day progresses. Griffith Observatory in the morning, then the Hollywood Walk of Fame and lunch, then The Getty Center, and finally Santa Monica or Manhattan Beach .

If you're flying from Burbank Sunday morning, then on Saturday I'd go west to Santa Monica before traffic picks up. then hit The Getty Center for a late lunch followed by a stroll in Beverly Hills/Rodeo Drive.... the Sunset Strip....Hollywood Walk of Fame....dinner in the Los Feliz neighborhood just south of the observatory and sunset at the Observatory. From there you have a quick ride back to Burbank, 15 mins or so.

WB Studios has tours on Saturday though the "working" aspect of the studio is very quiet on the weekends. But if you prefer to remain closer to Burbank to avoid traffic, take a WB tour or the Universal Studios tour, then head down to the Walk of Fame or maybe the Wild West Museum (next to the L.A. Zoo). Finish up at the Observatory at night.

The Hollywood Bowl is close by too if you're interested in whatever might be happening there, or at the Greek theatre that weekend....The Greek is next to The Observatory.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,680 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

On weekends, you don't need to worry about rush hour traffic. You can do just about anything in the city in the mornings; Angelenos, in my experience, do not get out of the house before 11:00 am!

Take a look at the Things to Do tab at the top of this page (green bar). On a smart phone, you'll need to scroll to the bottom to see Things to Do, Restaurants, Hotels.

Happy planning!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,535 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

What Harold said.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,623 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

I also agree with Harold's options. My only suggestion would be to substitute the Grammy Museum at LA Live for Hollywood.

HTH

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

Alas, there is major construction on the I-5 in the Burbank area (they are wideing the freeway and adding a carpool lane), the work is mainly done on weekends and in the evening/overnight hours, so the drive can be dicey depending on where you go.

Popular Tourist attractions/areas include Universal Studios Hollywood, Six Flags Magic Mountain/Hurricane Harbor and Hollywood.

A small unique museum is the Nethercutt Auto Museum.

http://www.nethercuttcollection.org/

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

Thank you all for the notes. And Thank you Harold for such a complete guide :) I'm traveling back on sunday, so your second option probably will be the chosen one.

Quick question, is parking easy in all this places? are there parking lots or it's street parking?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,698 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

This is a very cool website I came across the other day.

http://www.parkme.com

Parking is easy in LA, it just costs. I think you are far ahead of the game to park in lots and pay the costs rather than trying to park on the street where the signs can be confusing.

Where in Burbank are you staying and which airport are you using?

9. Re: Only one day in LA - staying @ Burbank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 06:17