We have 2 full days in LA (staying in Santa Monica) in mid September. We have a list of things we'd like to do but would like some help in planning what days to do what. The days are a Friday and a Saturday. Originally I planned to do a 2 hour studio tour of Paramount or WB But after recent reflection, I'm wondering, as we have 2 Tweens, if universal might be a better option. Im thinking now that this will take most of the day (groan) and will cut into our time doing other LA things. Other things we wanted to do are;
- hire bikes in SM and ride to Venice, eat and explore here a little
- SM pier, was going to do pacific park, but not sure how suitable it will be for my kids, the rides there either seem full on or babyish, anyway, that was instead of a theme park but now that universal is in the cards, it seems unnecessary.
- Griffths Observtory for sunset and show
- Hollywood landmarks such as handprints, walk of fame, Hollywood sign
- farmers Grove markets, silly question here, if we buy fresh produce from here can we take it with us interstate? We are flying on the Sunday to Las Vegas and getting a car and driving straight to Grand Canyon. that night I thought it might be nice to have a picnic somewhere along the rim of the canyon and watch the sunset. In Australia, you are not allowed to bring fresh produce to another state.
- drive up the coast to Malibu
Anyway, they are the main things I wanted to do while in LA, do you think these things are still doable with only 2 full days? We arrive from Australia on the Thursday around 10.30am , so have a half day that day too, but as we would have been travelling for quite some time, didn't think it would be the best idea to try and do too much that afternoon.
If we go to universal, I would be prepared to pay extra for the front of line pass (is that necessary at that time of year?) just to move things along a little quicker and maybe not have it take all day. I just thought a studio tour is uniquely hollywood and would be interesting to see. Maybe universal is a compromise for adults and kids? Which things are better to which day, I'm guessing Saturday is a busy day for most things touristy, would like to avoid massive crowds if possible
Thanks in advance for any help provided