We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Six Flags any good for kids?

australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Is Six Flags any good for kids?

Just wondering if this is a good theme park to take my 6 year old to? We been to Disney & Legoland already, this trip will be doing Universal but wanted to do another theme park, just wondering what people thought about 6 flags, thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,674 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Six Flags any good for kids?

I wouldnt say so. Six flags is full of Extreme Roller Coaster. There would likely be quite a few they cant ride. Its for older children Imo that can handle the more extreme Roller Coasters.

I would even say that Universal Studios is also not set up for young Children. While you can take them there, theres again not as much for them to do that would not likely be too much for them. Even the Tram ride is a little extreme in parts.

I might suggest the San Diego Zoo or SeaWorld if you havent been there..

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Six Flags any good for kids?

No, Six Flaggs isn't appropriate for a 6-year old. Nor is Universal. Take a look at Knott's Berry Farm.

Other great options for the 6-year old are the Natural History Museum and the California Science Center. Both are located at Exposition Park which is across the street from the USC campus just south of downtown.

HTH

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,035 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Six Flags any good for kids?

Hitch beat me to it, Knott's Berry Farm would be much better for that age. Also maybe Legoland down in Carlsbad north of San Diego but I found it pricey when we took our granddaughter at age 5.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,025 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Six Flags any good for kids?

I would say a big No to Six Flags for a six year old. Our family favorite is Knott's Berry Farm. There is something for every member of the family to enjoy.

A meal at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is the perfect ending to our day.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,040 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Six Flags any good for kids?

I also agree that both universal and six flags would be too much for a six year old

Knotts and even the Santa Monica Pier and beach would both be less tiring and a lot more fun

OMG. We all agree on this topic. Oh no !!! ;-)

australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Six Flags any good for kids?

Thankyou, Knotts Berry it is :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,674 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Six Flags any good for kids?

I would take a careful look at Knotts Berry farm and see if thats really going to be something that would interest you or not. There are not that many ride for younger children, and some the child has to ride alone which may not be something they want to do. JMO

I agree with the California Science Center, its very fun for that age, and has the Space Shuttle on Exhibit which is very neat. And Griffith Observatory, expecially at night is fun, The show there "Center of the Universe" is very good, and was the highlight for 6 year old we had with us ( and we went to Disneyland!)

8. Re: Is Six Flags any good for kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 06:15