We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Angeles lodging

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Los Angeles lodging

We are flying to LAX form NJ in Aug and driving up the coast. We will be in LA 8/16 and 8/17. I am confused as to where to stay. My kids (ages 11 and 9) would enjoy the beach for a day and then a day to sight see Hollywood/Rodeo Dr/Walk of Fame. We have tickets to the Dodgers game in the afternoon on the 17th. I would love to stay at the Huntington Hyatt but they require 2 nights. If we spent the day there on the 16th and drove to LA early on the 17th we could take in the sights in the a.m. and then head to the game. Is it too much of a hassle to then drive back to Huntington Beach? Is there a similar resort in Santa Monica that would be a better location? I am also open to spending both nights in beverly hills but I am concerned that the kids will not get the southern Califfornia beach experience. Thanks for any input.

Southern California
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Angeles lodging

It is quite a drive from Huntington Beach to the LA area plus if driving on weekdays you have to avoid rush hour traffic. Also you don't need a whole day to see the Hollywood stuff unless taking a tour. Two hours should be more than enough for Hollywood stuff (Walk of Fame, Chinese Theater, Sign) and Rodeo Drive which is not a very long street.

Hopefully one or both of the Santa Monica DEs will see this post and can recommend lodging there.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,549 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Angeles lodging

Look into Loews Santa Monica and Le Merigot (Hyatt), both on the beach and great with kids.

As noted, Huntington is too far away.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,136 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Angeles lodging

Another vote for Loews!

4. Re: Los Angeles lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 07:16