We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rough sketching of an itinerary and some questions

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Naantali
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Rough sketching of an itinerary and some questions

I decided to move my text from my previous post and start a new thread since it was getting too off topic. So the post:

We will be on the trip for two weeks so we have some time to go explore places outside LA county. My wife is looking forward to the outlet malls (who knew???) but we also enjoy the nature which seems to be spectacular around there. For me I need to go see some sports. NHL particularly so at least one Kings and one Ducks game will be on the itinerary. Daddy's shopping spree at the Goaliemonkey superstore in Santa Ana will also happen at some point.

We have a great sibling stroller that I think we are going to take with us and a rental car with baby seats will be our mode of transport while there so I believe that part is pretty much covered. I'm thinking that a private shuttle would be a good idea to get from LAX to our apartment since my ability to drive a car might not be at it's peak after spending 15 hours on airplanes to get there.

Now...first of all is it possible to have a rental agency to drop off my rental car at my vacation rental instead of me going to the rental office? Or maybe come pick me up at least? I just thought that if we are taking a private shuttle from the airport to the vacation rental it seems kind of silly to get a ride back to the LAX the next day to get the rental car. I know they have offices around the LA county but I doubt the chances of us happening to be waiving within walking distance of a rental agency we had rented a car from. I know these kinds of services are used in Europe but I'm not sure about U.S.

Also I'm more than happy to learn about possible interesting places to visit or things to do from you guys. We are pretty much open to everything but since we have our 2 year old (almost a 3 year old at that point) boy and our 8-9month old girl with us we are slightly limited. The only more significant limitation in my mind is that we won't be able be out and about too late in the evening,

As far as sports I'm not limited exclusively to Ice Hockey. I've never followed basketball but you seem to like it so it might be worth a look. Also do you think that college level sport events would be an interesting event to visit?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rough sketching of an itinerary and some questions

Some car rental offices will pick you up at your apartment. It depends on its location and the name of the company from which you'll be getting your car. You can search out locations for, say, Hertz, and, as I recall, they have a note on the page for each site indicating whether they can pick you up.

Enterprise will pick you up at all of their locations but your apartment might not be near one of those.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,585 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rough sketching of an itinerary and some questions

As to things to do, be sure to Google Griffith Park - it's full of fun things for little ones, especially the very well priced LA Zoo.

3. Re: Rough sketching of an itinerary and some questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 06:16