We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxxpress LA - Vegas

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luxxpress LA - Vegas

Hi all,

We will be travelling LA - Vegas on the 7th August and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on transfers or have had any experience with Luxxpress (not Lux bus) we have made several attempts to contact them via email as we are in Australia but haven't had a reply. Is this best to book in advance or wait until we arrive ( 5 days before the transfer )

Thanks in advance :)

Kelly

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,406 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxxpress LA - Vegas

Hi, Kelly

Welcome to the forum. I haven't heard of their service but, in my mind, if they haven't been responsive, why would you want to use their service?

Southwest.com has hourly flights to vegas from LAX (or BUR -- just north of Hollywood) for either $70 or $80 (the flight takes one hour). (They even fly out of SNA -- not far from Disneyland -- for just a little bit more.

You needn't be at the departure airport more than an hour before departure and the transfer time from the LV airport to the hotel zone is 5 to 10 minutes. So, you'll save over 2 hours in transfer time and you'll have a number of departure times available to you.

I seriously question their 'drive times' since the morning departure is in the middle of 'rush hour' and the Koreatown neighborhood (where their depot is) is a busy area. If there was NO TRAFFIC at all, the transfer would be 4-1/2 hours. The midday transfer uses up the better part of a 'touring day' and the evening departure gets into LV very late.

For an additional $30 per person, I'd fly. BTW, Jetblue.com flies out of Long Beach (in between L.A. and Anaheim) for $83 on Aug 7 -- several departure times.

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxxpress LA - Vegas

Since you're coming all the way from Aus you'll probably be toting substantial baggage, so Southwest is the airline to go with since they include 2 bags per person. However, you won't get the $71 fare unless you book soon, the rates starting creeping up about 30-40 days before travel. Once in Vegas, there are shuttles outside baggage claim to the various hotels, approx. $8 per person, or a taxi to center strip is about $30. Hopefully you'll be renting a car in las Vegas instead, they're so cheap for Aussies and you can get out to see Hoover Dam/ Lake Mead....Valley of Fire.....Red Rock Canyon....and Zion National Park. Or do an overnighter to The Grand Canyon if you have time.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxxpress LA - Vegas

I would not recommend this at all. They have horrible service and it is good only if you are travelling without any luggage at all. Customer service is bad. They get you to Vegas but I was so disappointed with their rude behavior and asking you to pay 10 dollars for each luggage you have with you. So sorry but I would have taken LuxBus America instead despite they are more expensive.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxxpress LA - Vegas

Yes they do not respond to your messages that is why when we were picked up at Garden Grove, I was disappointed to see a van that is too high for my family to even ride. I thought the website looked professional but I was not impressed with what happened during our trip. No official terminal and they will just drop you off at the parking lot of Gold Coast and it will be difficult for people to get a taxi from that parking area especially with luggage and all. I suggest that you contact LuxBus America. I was forced to take a private service because this was really bad.

5. Re: Luxxpress LA - Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 09:16