We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to find good deals on hotels in LA??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How to find good deals on hotels in LA??

Hi everyone,

My husband, my 9 month old baby and I will be in LA for 3 nights 4 days end of July/early Aug.

I'm trying to book a hotel but find the prices on hotel websites so expensive. I'm looking for some place nice, but not $700 nice. Hoping to pay around $300. Areas we're looking at are around Westwood, Hollywood, Beverly Hills.

Do you have any suggestions on how to find some good deals on hotels in LA? I find Expedia and other similar websites all very expensive :( Is everyone paying this much or are there other ways of finding deals for hotels?

thanks for your help :)

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to find good deals on hotels in LA??

There is a TripAdvisor search engine and TA sometimes links to special offers.

In the $300 price range, Marriott Residence Inn is probably your best bet with the baby, the suites are spacious and have kitchen areas, breakfast is included. The Avalon is also within that price ranges...plus taxes of course.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,601 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to find good deals on hotels in LA??

Look in West Hollywood at the Chamberlain, Le Montrose, Petit Ermitage, and other all suite hotels. Personally, I like the website tablet.com for boutique hotels and deals. I also like oyster.com. Sometimes, you'll find a great rate at groupon.com but there are usually strict rules on day of week, etc, and it's prepaid.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,002 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to find good deals on hotels in LA??

I think Elle means TabletHotels.com :)

You can use the TripAdvisor search function because it can search multiple sites, but I would drop Beverly Hills from the search. The hotels in BH are overly expensive for what you get. West Hollywood is a better area to look. If you don't have a car then Hollywood and Downtown LA are probably better options.

When you get some hotel names in your price range, run them past the forum because some hotels play fast and loose with their locations.

Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to find good deals on hotels in LA??

A friend of mine got a excellent deal on travel pony. That was for a New York hotel, but I'm sure you can find something for la too. Also try groupon.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to find good deals on hotels in LA??

Look at Travelzoo.com too. Sometimes they have some great discounted deals.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,196 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to find good deals on hotels in LA??

I like the Beverly Grove area of Los Angeles, just to the east of Beverly Hills and very walkable. There is also a fun park (Pan Pacific Park) at the eastern end of the neighborhood as well as the Farmers Market, lots of dining or all kinds and in all price ranges and three malls (upmarket, mid-range and mini-outlet/discount).

For July/Aug, look at:

1. The Elan Hotel (3-star boutique hotel -- top-ranked, here on Trip Advisor):

Well within your price range.

2. The Sofitel (4-1/2 star hotel/spa top-ranked here on tripadvisor):

At the upper end of your budget.

3. The Orlando (3-1/2 star boutique property with a pool):

I like this place and it's right across the street from the Magnolia Bakery (lemon bars, banana pudding, etc, etc). Around $200 per night plus tax.

7. Re: How to find good deals on hotels in LA??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 06:17