We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

Hi,

Im looking for a bit of advice in finding a nice hollywood hotel close to public transport,

we are a group of 4 in our late 30s looking for a good hotel in the hollywood area as we will not be driving it needs to be close to public transport.

One of our group will be turning 40 so it would be nice if it was a extra special hotel and even better if we could get a view of the hollywood sign, we are looking to spend around £150 per night at the most.

many thanks

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,625 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

Best to put your budget in dollars, since hotels advertise their rates in dollars. Is this per person, per room, or all for one room?

See if the W is in your budget.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

Take a look in downtown LA, too.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

I believe the Loews Hollywood is within that budget, and the north facing rooms have great views of the sign. It's also a short walk to the Red Line with service to Universal and downtown.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,045 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

You can also use the TripAdvisor tools on this page. Click Hotels at the top of the page, in the green bar. On a smart phone, scroll to the bottom. There, you can choose a neighborhood (Hollywood), dates and budget and your results will appear with websites and reviews by those who've stayed there. The green bar is a great tool for hotels, restaurants and most importantly, things to do.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

Thank you for all your replies :) I'd be looking to pay at the most 280 dollars for a room for 2 a night , the Loews looks a nice hotel and I see it has a room with a view of the hills although I guess that will cost more. I will have a look on the trip advisor tools :-) thank you, are there any restaurants close by the Loews that would do reasonable priced food none of us are fancy diners we would just be looking for good old steak or. Burgers lol thanks again

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

Oh wow just seen the w hotel it looks lovely :-)

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,045 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

There are plenty of restaurants in the area. In addition, when you are out and about, it's a fine idea to eat in that location (for variety's sake).

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,625 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

The W, The Roosevelt (old, historic hotel), Loews and Redbury are the nice hotels in Hollywood.

Restaurants look at Musso & Frank. It is not cheap, but a classic old Hollywood restaurant, just about any star of Hollywood's golden era ate there. Look also at the Pig & Whistle, Umami Burger, 25 Degrees and Lucky's Tavern.

If you are guys and really want to put on the feedbag, look at Fogo de Chao for dinner. It is near Beverly Hills, but worth the cab ride, especially for the birthday dinner.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

Thank you the resturants recommendations they look just right for us :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,879 posts
1,772 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help needed finding a good hotel in hollywood

I would look at Loews. I have stayed there previously when it was the Renaissance and before that the Holiday Inn and got the room facing the Hollywood sign both times. We just asked nicely at reception when we arrived the second time around.