We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hike Runyon Canyon - shortest hike with best views

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hike Runyon Canyon - shortest hike with best views

Hi! I'm excited to check out Runyon Canyon...looking for the shortest hiking experience with the best views. What entrance should I use, where should I park, and where should I start? Help?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,897 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hike Runyon Canyon - shortest hike with best views

Easy.

Enter from Mulholland Drive (at the very north end of the Park -- at the 'top of the hill'). You'll need to drive up one of the canyon roads, like Laurel Canyon Bl and then turn onto Mulholland and look for the park's entrance. There is a small parking lot there that is often full so you'll need to park on the street nearby (check for any parking restrictions on signs that are posted).

Just before entering Park from the parking area, you'll see a trail heading UP (to the right of the road that leads into the park). Take that trail and keep walking UP (it turns quite a bit). About 8 minutes later, you'll be at the very top of the trail (it will start to head back down if you go any further). That point will give you THE BEST views of the city without all of the 'huffing and puffing' associated with starting from the southern entrance to the park.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hike Runyon Canyon - shortest hike with best views

This is SO helpful! I will take your advice. Thank you very much!

3. Re: Hike Runyon Canyon - shortest hike with best views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 07:21