We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th July in Los Angeles

Auckland
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
4th July in Los Angeles

We will be in Los Angeles next week and were thinking about going to to Disneyland on 4th July.

I realise it's a public holiday then - will DisneyLand be busier than usual?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th July in Los Angeles

Welcome to forum posting Wendy A,

Disneyland is located in Anaheim which is about a 1 hour drive South of the LA area.

The 4th of July is one of the busiest times of the year at Disneyland usually with the Park reaching capacity on that day, so yes, very busy.

There is also a special 4th of July Fireworks on that night and now usually the week it fall in, so its a popular time to visit.

If you decide you want to brave the crowds, I would suggest a few things...

first print out an E-ticket at home on the Disneyland.com website or already have your ticket. Tickets at the Maingate ticket window have been know to sell out.

Second, if you happen to be driving, expect larger crowds and come as early as possible. The open up the Parking lots about 1 hour before regular Park opening time, so I would be at Disneyland then.

It also takes about 30 min once you Park to actually get inside the Park on busy days, so factor that into your plans.

Third.. If you want to watch the special Fireworks show at Disneyland Park, then you would want to plan to stay within that Park for the day, and dont leave the Park. Once Disneyland reaches capacity, even if you have already been inside the Park and want to re-enter, once they reach capacity, they can deny anyone entry.

And, consider staying overnight across the street from Disneyland at somewhere inexpensive, that way you dont have to be traveling back to LA late at night, or get caught in all the congestion with people leaving the Park after the Fireworks show.

If you have more questions about Disneyland we will be happy to help you, and its helpful if you consider posting in the Anaheim forum

A A
Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th July in Los Angeles

When you say Los Angeles, what part? It's 100 miles long. So Disney can be 20 minutes to 2 hours away from Los Angeles.

I suggest staying in Orange County hotels.

3. Re: 4th July in Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:16